Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By shafiq

China Unicom

Closed Thread

Do you have roaming enabled in HK? Do you have Chinese Alipay or wechat pay? If so then you should be able to do a topup online.

The reason I ask about roaming is because they may send you a code via SMS to setup a new payment method.

Original Post Deleted
    I believe it is still limited in functionality when used in mainland. I have never successfully used HK version of wechat or alipay in mainland.

Also, I just looked on both wechat and ali, and China Unicom HK is not listed as a vendor, it may be on the Chinese versions.

Do you have any friends or coworkers in mainland that can do the top up for you, either by by mobile payment or at a convenience store?

Does the china unicom app give you any options for payment?

There's a bit of leeway... sometimes I forget to pay mine and will get a reminder the proceeding month. I've never really delayed more than a month though (e.g. paying January by end of March).

Given your predicament, have you tried Taobao? There are some retailers who will do phone topups. I've not tried using an HK Visa/MasterCard for this specifically, but if you find a vendor that takes it (you'd be responsible for the additional % charged by Taobao anyway) then this could be your solution.

Original Post Deleted
    Can try online websites that recharges sim card.
    https://www.mychinaunicom.com/toRefillPage.dhtml
    HK_Katherine likes this.

If you didn't fixed it, let me know, I can help you with this. But generally you have 90 days to recharge your number.