Like Tree6Likes

Do you use super fast charging? Or do you prefer slower charging to prolong the battery longevity?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Do you use super fast charging? Or do you prefer slower charging to prolong the battery longevity?

Do you use super fast charging on your phone, it's possible that super fast charging can significantly reduce battery longevity, also factors like overcharging will also have similar effects over time? Or are you precautions and use older slower chargers even though you have a phone which can use fast charging technology

https://www.phonearena.com/news/OPPO...evity_id124509

I have a Pixel with wireless charging so battery life doesn't really matter to me. I just put the phone on the charge pad while sitting on my desk or at home and it never goes flat. Fast charge is only 10W though, not 40W as with the Oppo

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    I have a Pixel with wireless charging so battery life doesn't really matter to me. I just put the phone in the charge while sitting on my desk or at home and it never goes flat. Fast charge is only 10W though, not 40W as with the Oppo
    the latest oppo charger is at 65w, which is rather high

I won't dig and link for the articles but there is much research to support charging your phone using a battery pack and not using fast charging as the best method for your battery. Also don't charge to 100 and run it all the way down to 1 or 2 percent - but I do that anyway.

imparanoic likes this.

Changing batteries is cheap here in Hong Kong so my time is worth more than waiting for a slow charger.

imparanoic likes this.

Slow charge (wireless) overnight and the battery tends to last the day so charge again overnight.

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chichow:
    Changing batteries is cheap here in Hong Kong so my time is worth more than waiting for a slow charger.
    depends on which phone, some third party batteries are a bit dodgy, others are decent, some phone retailers charge quite a bit for a new battery

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    depends on which phone, some third party batteries are a bit dodgy, others are decent, some phone retailers charge quite a bit for a new battery
    like anything else you go to the guy your trust so I always go to a few shops I know in Sin Tat. Generally I was paying 150 to 300. What prices are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by chichow:
    like anything else you go to the guy your trust so I always go to a few shops I know in Sin Tat. Generally I was paying 150 to 300. What prices are you talking about?
    i recall changing sony xperia battery during 2017 and that was HK$250 that was for official sony centre, huawei apparently only charges HK$188, amazing

yeah so say three years on a battery at 250 that is say 100 HKD a year for three more years ( using 100 because maybe the phone gets used for 5 - 6 years including pass down)

so 100 a year. heck yeah that is not worth my time to slow charge.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast