Like Tree6Likes

Do you use super fast charging? Or do you prefer slower charging to prolong the battery longevity?

Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,839

    Do you use super fast charging? Or do you prefer slower charging to prolong the battery longevity?

    Do you use super fast charging on your phone, it's possible that super fast charging can significantly reduce battery longevity, also factors like overcharging will also have similar effects over time? Or are you precautions and use older slower chargers even though you have a phone which can use fast charging technology

    https://www.phonearena.com/news/OPPO...evity_id124509


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,130

    I have a Pixel with wireless charging so battery life doesn't really matter to me. I just put the phone on the charge pad while sitting on my desk or at home and it never goes flat. Fast charge is only 10W though, not 40W as with the Oppo

    imparanoic likes this.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,839
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    I have a Pixel with wireless charging so battery life doesn't really matter to me. I just put the phone in the charge while sitting on my desk or at home and it never goes flat. Fast charge is only 10W though, not 40W as with the Oppo
    the latest oppo charger is at 65w, which is rather high

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,292

    I won't dig and link for the articles but there is much research to support charging your phone using a battery pack and not using fast charging as the best method for your battery. Also don't charge to 100 and run it all the way down to 1 or 2 percent - but I do that anyway.

    imparanoic likes this.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,351

    Changing batteries is cheap here in Hong Kong so my time is worth more than waiting for a slow charger.

    imparanoic likes this.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    20,120

    Slow charge (wireless) overnight and the battery tends to last the day so charge again overnight.

    imparanoic likes this.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,839
    Quote Originally Posted by chichow:
    Changing batteries is cheap here in Hong Kong so my time is worth more than waiting for a slow charger.
    depends on which phone, some third party batteries are a bit dodgy, others are decent, some phone retailers charge quite a bit for a new battery

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,351
    Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    depends on which phone, some third party batteries are a bit dodgy, others are decent, some phone retailers charge quite a bit for a new battery
    like anything else you go to the guy your trust so I always go to a few shops I know in Sin Tat. Generally I was paying 150 to 300. What prices are you talking about?

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,839
    Quote Originally Posted by chichow:
    like anything else you go to the guy your trust so I always go to a few shops I know in Sin Tat. Generally I was paying 150 to 300. What prices are you talking about?
    i recall changing sony xperia battery during 2017 and that was HK$250 that was for official sony centre, huawei apparently only charges HK$188, amazing

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,351

    yeah so say three years on a battery at 250 that is say 100 HKD a year for three more years ( using 100 because maybe the phone gets used for 5 - 6 years including pass down)

    so 100 a year. heck yeah that is not worth my time to slow charge.


Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast