Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By chichow

Apple Tradein/Brightstar

Apple Tradein/Brightstar

Has anyone used the Apple device trade in program through Brightstar? I’ve received a box to put my iPhone in and send off to some address, supposedly I will get an Apple gift card in return. Is this secure?

I tried to trade it in at the Apple store in person and they said I can only do that if I’m buying the same type of device. Eg I can’t trade in an iPhone to buy an iPad which is what I was trying to do.

Any other places to sell a used iPhone X in person?

There are loads of people sitting on the streets that buy phones. Usually at a better price than what Apple would give you.

There are a couple of guys usually sitting outside GAP in Central.

I did it before for my old Samsung phone. All I had to do was take it with that box and slip and give it to a SF Express drop off. I freaked out a bit as I realised I didn't get any kind of tracking/receipt for it (they just took it and seemed to understand what it was about) and they could quite easily take the phone and not ship it. Tried to get SF Express to track it and they couldn't find it, anyway sure enough after about a week Brightstar processed it and gave me the money. So just make sure you get a receipt from SF and you're all good.

Also the price was pretty high for what they were offering, I'm sure it was more than I could get elsewhere.

Am about to do this in a few weeks (towards the end of June) and trade an old MacBook Pro in for some credit, to use on a newer refurb unit.
    @merchantms - do let us know how this works out if you use it. Keen to know what the time lag is between shipping your product out and getting the gift cert.

I have used Bright star / apple and it has worked out fine.

@chichow - how long did it take you to get the credit/voucher for purchase?

Took just a couple of days in terms of processing when I did it for both apple and google - they are all sub contracting out to similar providers.

so I basically would get an email saying we received the package. and within a couple of days I get another email saying yeah whatever you sent in meets our criteria and whatever condition you said it was and here's your credit.

I specifically say processing time because Shipping times would be variable.

shri likes this.