Like Tree13Likes

Phone addiction- never witnessed b4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I change trains at north point from the TKO line and I then go down one level to get on the train towards Chai Wan, the people that get off are trying to go to the TKO line so I have to go against the crowd, the number of MOBILE ZOMBIES that walk head down looking at their stupid phones is unbelievable lol

I walk towards the train sticking by the wall but still have to shout 'Watch Out" and then u see their heads look up

Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    I am not sure whether I just noticed this since coming to Hong Kong or whether it happend in the UK but I didn't notice....but

I am amazed that is is ok for staff at work, being paid, to use their phones whilst 'on duty'. It seems to be acceptable here if you are a worker in a shop, restaurant etc. Places where you should be interacting with customers. Often I see people presumably meant to be selling phone contracts and the like in pedestrian areas but they never seem to look up from their phones. Do they get paid for that?
    My employers and colleagues will often times use Whatsapp to communicate or send me stuff whilst I'm at counter.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    ..When she needs both hands to actually grab some food..
    Elon Musk predicts some day, you won't even need your hands.....

Pretty common for HK, thats why I buy online when I can. No point paying more for non existent cs.

I always had the same thought, maybe they don't care / don't have a policy?

She’s taking to a person, that’s not really what is meant by phone addiction. Posting on forums is more phone addict-like.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    I walk into that Indonesian store/eatery and an Indonesian is fumbling with her phone, showing the food choices to her friend and chatting, when I wave my hand in front of her and say hello to catch her attention she thinks I am also talking to her friend on the phone and continues chatting to her.
    When she needs both hands to actually grab some food she puts the phone vertically on the table, slowly adding food to her plate while talking to her friend. Keeping up the ppl waiting in line.

And I thought I am way too much online

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2