Cheapest Apple Watch mobile data plan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cheapest Apple Watch mobile data plan

Hi Geo

I am considering getting an apple watch. I haven't used the esim before.

I currently have a Smartone 2 year plan and various Birdie month to month plans.

What are the cheapest options for having cell data for an apple watch?

Thanks!

not all service provider has esim. birdie doesnt

If you have a smartone plan now, you should be able to just add the Apple Watch eSim function for 18 HKD on your existing contract.

As far as I know, you do need a contract for apple watch (no prepaid), and the providers in HK are 3, Smartone, CSL and CMHK. 3, Smartone and CSL charge 18HKD monthly as add on to an existing contract. CMHK does offer the eSIM for existing customers for free.

I also have a Smartone contract with Apple watch.

Anyone know if can get a stand alone contract and then what is the price? Or is it standard price

Quote Originally Posted by chichow:
    Anyone know if can get a stand alone contract and then what is the price? Or is it standard price
    It's not possible to get a stand alone contract. It's always tied to your iPhone contract.

how about just those prepaid data simcard?
    such as: https://www.datasimstore.com/3hk-4g-...SABEgILavD_BwE

When did Smartone release e-sim for iWatch? When I got my watch they didn't have them.

Setup & Support - SmarTone

Maybe depends on your plan? Could be that it only works for currently offered plans?

Quote Originally Posted by chichow:
    The apple announcement today re "family mode" for the Apple Watch confirmed that you'll be able to buy sim contracts without an iPhone. You'll just need to wait for the fax machines to work in Hong Kong so they know what to do. But new watches go on sale Friday...
    The only carrier I recognised for HK was 1010 (CSL).

For whatever reason I think I saw on the Apple site that the family plan feature currently only works on CSL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast