Like Tree15Likes

Pixel 5 (and 4a 5G)

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Use buy and ship.. Cost 22HKD per pound to ship to HK. They provide an UK address. In theory u can order the phone with their UK address. But u will pay vat. As u pointed out.. After vat... Not sure if it's worth it for the headphones. I just ordered direct to HK. Not Vat.

I got a pixel 5 UK... It will only work qs 4g. In theory, sub 6 should work in HK. But it does not. Using cmhk. But I have tried smartone and others... Only 4G.

Original Post Deleted
    Only seems to list the countries where the device ships.
    mrgoodkat and vmlinuz like this.

It works with CMHK eSIM btw. Didn't wanna wait and just gave it a try. Was very easy, just log into online profile and scan the QR code. But it only supports 4g if both sim cards are active, not that it matters in HK anyway.

Cool Pixel 5 eSim 5g

Hi, i got the Pixel 5 at Citylink, includes 18 month warranty. love it so far. i have the eSim set up - easy peasy - they did it in the CSL store in 5 mins. anyone got 5G coverage on CSL? Their coverage map hasn't been updated on their website in some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alishmaly:
    Hi, i got the Pixel 5 at Citylink, includes 18 month warranty. love it so far. i have the eSim set up - easy peasy - they did it in the CSL store in 5 mins. anyone got 5G coverage on CSL? Their coverage map hasn't been updated on their website in some time.
    As far as I know, the same thing lks12500 was complaining about above is still true - Google have not enabled 5G anywhere except the officially-supported countries. Everyone is assuming they'll fix it at some point, but don't know when...
    chichow likes this.

This is a link for 5G networks in HK....shows coverage by registered users....

Original Post Deleted

It is not a matter of coverage. Due to battery issue, my pixel 5 UK was returned. I got a pixel 5 USA, which covers sub 6 and mmwave. But still no 5g. I expected this. But I got it cuz I liked the phone. Its not the coverage, the frequency in HK should work with Pixel 5 in 5G, but Google has not released it yet to other markets.

thanks a lot for the information here. I am looking to buy this from one of the sellers showing in price.com.
    they say only 3 to 7 days warranty for exchange.
    is it better to get this via amazon? any thoughts would be of great help. thanks