Like Tree20Likes

Samsung Galaxy S20 Fe

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

@pin Thanks. Thats the exynos non 5g version. It runs a bit slower and uses more energy and is cheaper. But looking at the link and other sellers I see the 5g version as low as 4400. I find it hard to trust that, even more so being international. But it does make me wonder what they price will be here.

@Srashes
    I can't stand curved screens. I agree the original s20 are better, but id happily pay more for flat screen.

Last edited by Tongbaos; 09-10-2020 at 05:51 PM.

Around same price as the one you posted @pin and 5g USA model on Amazon now for $599usd or $4642hkd with free shipping. I find it hard to believe the HK version will be that cheap. Lose out on octopus but dang tempting at that price.
    https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Facto...7C-%7Camp%7Cus

Quote Originally Posted by Srashes:
    I would highly not recommend the S20 FE.

The Galaxy S20 retails for $5k brand new. While the FE might be priced around $5800 (~US699). The S20 is a better buy imo given you get more for less.

Would avoid the Note 10+ altogether unless stylus and the extra screen size is an important factor.
    For Note guys, a stylus is THE factor. No pen, no sale.
    Tongbaos likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tongbaos:
    The S20 FE is released in other regions and it seems like a great phone. But it's not here, not even jacked up price import models. Heck even Samsung HK has only the ability to register for information about the phone not a pre-order. No stores know it even exists. Has anybody heard anything about when it may show up here? Or will I have to go international to get it?
    Just FYI, on the Samsung Mobile HK FB page the FE 5G is showing as coming soon.....

@pin Thanks. What's taking them so long. Apple has an event later today and the oneplus 8t is to be announced in a few days that it's to be similarly prices. Plus all the pixel reviews embargo lifts the 14th or 15th.

Speaking of pixel I'm been checking the 4a5g out more and more while waiting, and despite the lower specs I'm kinda liking what it offers. I guess maybe it's nostalgia over my old nexus, but I'm liking the simplicity of it. But dang why can't 4a5g come with water resistance. It's the only feature of the P5 I want and don't want to spend the extra $200 for it.

So for me I have to give up water resistance and get the 4a5g, or if I have to pay more the s20fe is far better value for offerings.

New One Plus and iphones have been released. One Plus reviews are pretty lackluster.

Re Pixel, yeah maybe, but I do like the Smart Octopus functionality with Samsung and also I need a dual sim phone.

BTW the Pixel 5 reviews are out now.

Edit just to add that Samsung HK taking pre-orders of the phone tomorrow and will go on sale October 21:

https://www.samsung.com/hk_en/news/p...agship-series/

Phone is going to be HKD5k for the 128GB / 8GB model.

I suspect might wait until end of year and if there are some good Christmas deals for it.

Last edited by pin; 15-10-2020 at 09:23 AM.
    Tongbaos likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    New One Plus and iphones have been released. One Plus reviews are pretty lackluster.

Re Pixel, yeah maybe, but I do like the Smart Octopus functionality with Samsung and also I need a dual sim phone.

BTW the Pixel 5 reviews are out now.
    My Pixel 5 is on the way - hopefully get it by the weekend. This will be the first Google phone I've had since a Nexus 5X...

One thing I've seen mentioned is that dual-SIM does work, as in nanoSIM and eSIM at the same time. The two biggest negatives from the reviews so far seem to be that while the camera is great, it's just as great as it was last year and competitors are catching up, and that the built-in speakers are not great, particularly that the under-screen top speaker is not good for anything but speakerphone.
    pin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    My Pixel 5 is on the way - hopefully get it by the weekend. This will be the first Google phone I've had since a Nexus 5X...

One thing I've seen mentioned is that dual-SIM does work, as in nanoSIM and eSIM at the same time. The two biggest negatives from the reviews so far seem to be that while the camera is great, it's just as great as it was last year and competitors are catching up, and that the built-in speakers are not great, particularly that the under-screen top speaker is not good for anything but speakerphone.
    Thanks. Do you know any regular providers in HK that offer esim?

Original Post Deleted
    Birdie doesn't seem to do so.

So a srp of $4998... Not interested in fit 2 preorder which is bummer. Not quite understanding the trade in bonus. An extra $500 on top of any value of old phone or just now worth 500 no matter of value?

Do places usually follow srp?

Last edited by Tongbaos; 16-10-2020 at 07:26 AM.