Like Tree20Likes

< HK$ 2000 Android phone?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by tparker:
    I second Nokia, and second a Nokia One system without all the fluff and crap.

I use Android as my spare phone (with PRC SIM). Hated the previous Sony, who stopped supporting software updates fairly quickly, and came loaded with unwanted crap that couldn't be uninstalled. I gather most Samsung's are the same. (Seriously.... how are people OK with this, and how did these brands become so popular??)

Stick with un-adulterated stock Google OS, without the extra crap and a million App Stores all listing overlapping software of differing versions just to confuse the hell out of you.
    I suspect that people tend to stick with the same brands, so may not even realize the extent to which Android is monkeyed around with by the manufacturers. Or even if they do, they might like it if they like their phones.

But also I don't think Android One is well-known. I was in a shop yesterday saying I wanted Android One, and the clerk kept looking at me confused and trying to correct me pointing at Android 11 on the phone box.

After I left, he probably regaled his colleagues with the story of that idiot that was asking for "Android 1" and doesn't even realize Android is on version 11 now!
    shri and tparker like this.

Thanks for the suggestions, after much procrastination, I'm probably going to grab a Nokia 5.4.

It's either it or the Nokia 5.3 which others recommended here, as I want to support the Android One program while it lasts.

The 5.3 is probably good enough, but I think I might go for the better camera and bigger storage on the 5.4.

Seems the 5.4 will cost just shy of HKD1,600, though can be had cheaper as a parallel import.

For the record, I picked up a OnePlus N10 Nord last week for $22xx from their online store.

Seems like a good premium phone (compared to my XMI A1 atleast!) and works just fine. 5G support is a nice plus, even though I don't see any need for it.

Unfortunately the kid took it and gave me his old Poco F1, which is also a very decent phone compared to my old one. Nice to be able to log into HSBC and other services without shit timing out.

https://www.oneplus.com/uk/n10-5g

jabalong and chuckster007 like this.

my next phone is going to be a Pixel or some other "plastic" phone.

my two previous phones are iphone and redmi...both has metal case. Slippery as snaut. Dropped both phones multiple times. Added rubber case over the metal,but it makes phone feel bloated and still doesnt feel quite right when using one handed. it cause phone to get hot when charging or when watching youtube. threw the rubber case in the trash. the Redme slipped out of my hand, when i was on a ladder...the fall broke the screen.

i was playing around with my old ZTE, a complete plastic phone. omg! i forgot how good a plastic phone feels in the hand. Just the right amount of grip...just right thickness and width.

Last edited by euless; 15-04-2021 at 08:21 PM.
    vmlinuz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Unfortunately the kid took it and gave me his old Poco F1
    U got mugged by your own kid LOL
    shri, ArrynField and tparker like this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4