Like Tree7Likes

Cheap HK number?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cheap HK number?

Hi guys!

I'd like to have a secondary HK number that I can give to receive spam and register crap accounts etc. I'd need it only to be able to receive calls and SMS. I wouldn't really need data on this. Heck, even a virtual number would do. What would be the cheaper sim or virtual way to get this?

Thanks!

Original Post Deleted
    Whoah, nice...Where could I get one of these? Do I need to go all the way to SSP, or is there any nearby shop selling them?
    I love that they have a Wing Chun SIM with the image of Bruce Lee

Just get a china mobile prepaid card. i have been using mine for 3 years (since i already have a company line for my other phone).

I top up 300 or so every 4-6 months. 300 gives you 350 or 360$ credit, and each month they deduct 68$ (mobile data for 30days) plus maybe $2 per week for usage. So all in very nicely just around 600$ per year.

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    Just get a china mobile prepaid card. i have been using mine for 3 years (since i already have a company line for my other phone).

I top up 300 or so every 4-6 months. 300 gives you 350 or 360$ credit, and each month they deduct 68$ (mobile data for 30days) plus maybe $2 per week for usage. So all in very nicely just around 600$ per year.
    ...How is a HK$600 budget that varies depending on a number of factor comparing to a single HK$168 payment? I don't find that offer very suitable for what I'm specifically looking for. I'm sure for a normal limited usage it might be reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by muzzdang:

Wow. These prices are almost a joke...HK$62 for the whole year, even including 10GB data? Even lower HK$48 for 5GB...

This is what I did for phone service from 2009-2012...did not have a smart phone, needed only the most basic of services...

Topped up at 7-11 every six months (or else the number expires...).

Had a HK 200 dollar Samsung phone.

Yeah, not a phone person...

Why I use the hua long is because you can port your existing number over. Just fill in the porting form and fax it to them and everything can be done online/fax/phone. I went to their shop in CWB, I think after i lost the sim card and made a police report to apply it back. Or actually I left it overseas and forgot to bring it back to HK

Quote Originally Posted by timonoj:
    Wow. These prices are almost a joke...HK$62 for the whole year, even including 10GB data? Even lower HK$48 for 5GB...
    I normally take 30gb for around 150 for my ipad (with SIM), more than enough as I rarely use it without wifi. Not sure about your phone use case, but if you purely need a phone number to receive SMS / SPAM, then yeah those are pretty cheap

Quote Originally Posted by timonoj:
    Do these come with HK phone numbers or are they data only?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast