Like Tree10Likes

Place to avoid

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Place to avoid

Explore Technology co in New Town Commercial Plaza, Tuen Mun.

Sold me a router which doesn't work, has no instructions and when I rang up Hauwei customer service they had no record of it so said it's not supported in HK.

Took it back (with receipt) within 6 hours of purchase, refused to help, refused to refund. So I guess all I can do is warn others of these scam artists.

Is there any way of getting refunds in HK? A bit small for small claims court so I guess just write it off?

z754103 likes this.

contact the Customs and Excise dept and make a complaint of selling fake products
    [email protected]
    2) consumer councilo
    3) small caims and claim for costs f the action and loss of time to bring and attend the hearing

Last edited by dynamco; 01-03-2021 at 07:46 PM.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Did you pay by credit card?

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Did you pay by credit card?
    Actually, I did yes. Now there's a thought. Thanks.
    MarkGavin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:

Sold me a router which doesn't work, has no instructions and when I rang up Hauwei customer service they had no record of it so said it's not supported in HK.

Took it back (with receipt) within 6 hours of purchase, refused to help, refused to refund. So I guess all I can do is warn others of these scam artists.

Is there any way of getting refunds in HK? A bit small for small claims court so I guess just write it off?
    looks like its between 759 and JHC.
    Last edited by euless; 01-04-2021 at 01:33 AM.
    HK_Katherine and Coolboy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:

i recall having to setup my new router. it was not plug-n-play.
    i recall having to use my IPAD to setup the router. (
    Last edited by euless; 01-04-2021 at 01:35 AM.

Always take what shop assistants tell you with a pinch of salt, in particular electronics. The shops in TST being most notorious. Statutory consumer protections in terms of refunds are very low in HK.

i thought these days many of these stuffs doesn't come with instruction manual, so why not just search online for the manual with the product code.. you probably can get some youtube instruction as well if the problem is common

Update on this. I took it to the Hauwei customer centre in Tsuen Wan and asked them. They confirmed it does NOT work with HK SIM cards. He also put my SIM in, set it up and it doesn't work. It was a totally fraudulent purchase. I have reported to the consumer council but as yet heard nothing back.

Go to the shop with purchase and receipt and call the cops.
    Their attitude will probably change very quickly

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast