Like Tree42Likes

One UI 3.1 Upgrade - Samsung Smart Octopus - Not working

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    Interesting! Strangely enough, my Octopus App can still read physical cards, it just doesn't do anything with Octopus readers/payment terminals. I will update this thread when progress is made...
    I don't think it's related but...are you registered on the Octopus app? I didn't use it in a while, and it had logged me out. Took some extra steps with some new octopus wallet bullshit, but it's back on...I'll try later again. I know it shouldn't matter, as it's the Samsung Pay the one managing the smart octopus card...but...well just in case.
    Rob2020 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by timonoj:
    I don't think it's related but...are you registered on the Octopus app? I didn't use it in a while, and it had logged me out. Took some extra steps with some new octopus wallet bullshit, but it's back on...I'll try later again. I know it shouldn't matter, as it's the Samsung Pay the one managing the smart octopus card...but...well just in case.
    Yep, I'm logged in on the Octopus App, can check my transport subsidy etc just fine

Jeez, I'd be pissed if my phone upgraded over the weekend and then Monday morning cannot get on the bus/MTR. Maybe a good reason to always keep Octopus as a separate physical card.

Rob2020 and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    Jeez, I'd be pissed if my phone upgraded over the weekend and then Monday morning cannot get on the bus/MTR. Maybe a good reason to always keep Octopus as a separate physical card.
    Imagine how validated I feel for doing exactly this?
    bdw and shri like this.

Yeah...I went running without a wallet, and on my way back I stopped on 7 11 to buy a few things...same crap. We rely heavily on Octopus, and suddenly having it disabled with no warning...yeah that's shitty. I'm rather pissed on how little they tested all these OneUI upgrades. Previous one was also a hot garbage pile messing with the good lock multi task menu (still unfixed) and the screen auto-rotate, which after a few hours would hang...needing a daily reboot in order o get it to work again. I'm very unhappy with the last few OneUI updates. I was hoping this one would fix a few things, but not only didn't, it also broke a few more.

Rob2020 and bdw like this.

good lock multi task menu (still unfixed)
    Same here! it worked randomly a few weeks ago, but it seems not to have worked at all since 3.1

Same here! it worked randomly a few weeks ago, but it seems not to have worked at all since 3.1
    If you swap your launcher to OneUI and then back to whatever you use (Nova in my case), it will work again for like one or two hours...and then die again.
    Rob2020 likes this.

If you swap your launcher to OneUI and then back to whatever you use (Nova in my case), it will work again for like one or two hours...and then die again.
    Disappointing QC from Samsung on these updates...
    Pity Google Pay doesn't support Octopus....
    timonoj likes this.

Fold 2? wow, a true unicorn
    Do you like it?
    Yeah I think it's great... i find the front screen a tiny bit too small (quite big hands) so end up using it open almost all the time. Battery is a bit of a struggle to get through a long day, but just about manageable. You need to be a bit brave with it as its really too thick with anything but a superficial case.
    Rob2020 likes this.

Samsung Support called me back.
    Aware of issue
    No ETA but "working on a patch"
    Tried to walk me through backup/restore Smart Octopus (I've already tried this)

timonoj likes this.