Like Tree79Likes

The cheapest and fastest data in HK for $33?

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    There is nothing stopping me from getting the SIM, adding HKD200 top up (giving me 1 year validity) and then not signing up to the data right?

That way I just get voice calling (which I am fine with for my sim).
    I think they will deduct $33 as by default package.

Question What is meant by *Infinity local data?

Hi all

Like everyone else, looks like I'm going to move to this when my current contract expires. My only question is what is meant by *Infinity local data. Is this just normal data? Why put the asterisk?

Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by vyral_143:
    I think they will deduct $33 as by default package.
    I also think so. The way the system is formulated, you get to choose which package you set to auto-renew. But I believe they ALL auto-renew. The choices are a 1 day package (that would renew daily I guess), a 2-day package, a 7 day, 30 days (the HK$33 one), and 90 days (HK$88...not much of a discount over the 30 days one).

Quote Originally Posted by tttlow:
    Hi all

Like everyone else, looks like I'm going to move to this when my current contract expires. My only question is what is meant by *Infinity local data. Is this just normal data? Why put the asterisk?

Thanks all!
    Infinity local data with the asterisk means you actually get 50GB of data at full 42mbps speed, then after you've used this they throttle you down to 128kbps speed which is enought to survive with whatsapp and very basic needs, but a bit slow. But anyway 50GB per month is huge and most people wouldnt use that on mobile, maybe if you tried to use it to replace your main internet at home and watching 4K netflix or something might use it up.
    tttlow and rainylin like this.

Quote Originally Posted by timonoj:
    I also think so. The way the system is formulated, you get to choose which package you set to auto-renew. But I believe they ALL auto-renew. The choices are a 1 day package (that would renew daily I guess), a 2-day package, a 7 day, 30 days (the HK$33 one), and 90 days (HK$88...not much of a discount over the 30 days one).
    Isn't there also a 180 day package for $48 ($8/month) which includes 10,000 minutes and social media data. For the first month you have to pay the default $33, but then after this you can get this $8/month plan if you only want for voice.
    pin likes this.

There is nothing stopping me from getting the SIM, adding HKD200 top up (giving me 1 year validity) and then not signing up to the data right?

Or may be you just buy $65 HD voice pack ?

Thanks both.

Will look into volte but I think this is a VAS package.

Our Birdie billing date is the 6th of the month, so if we were to port we should do it a few days before the 6th?
    I went thru a porting nightmare. The fastest they can do is 3 business days, so you technically should buy your soSim 6 days in advance, activate it and getting a new number, then only u can start the porting process on their app. Also u need 24hrs validity on the old sim. I tried porting at 1am and old card expires at 4pm and they said no. Had to pay 1 more month on the old sim

I never figure out if sosim starts counting on activation date or porting date.

Yeah...My concern is they're all auto-renewal constantly. So maybe you can get the 365 days package as Vyral said, then change the data to whichever (daily maybe?) and just put enough credit for the VoLTE voice package. So eventually the data package will stop renewing due to lack of credit, but the 365 voice one should continue, because it's for the whole year and was paid already. But...obviously I haven't tried this

So looking at the website again it seems that HKD33 a month is the default and only option and it auto renews every month.

All the other options (such as 1 day, 5 day FUP extra and the social media package) and only after the date, minutes etc on the defualt package have been used up.

I think if you sign up for say 1 year VoLTE and then don't have enough credit on your account for the default data package your number gets suspended.

As my Birdie ends next Friday I will probably try and work through SoSim tomorrow to make sure there is enough time for the port.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast