Like Tree72Likes

The cheapest and fastest data in HK for $33?

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Regarding voice call quality, I have observed that during a regular phone call, SoSIM network is switching from LTE mode to 3G and 2G mode and then it switches back again to LTE mode after call is over. This potentially disconnects data for a while. This switching back and forth is less pleasant experience and might require activating VoLTE pack.

Also I would agree that network is bit weaker than Birdie. But again for $$ I am paying, it's fine !

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    I feel the call quality is a lot clearer. Had VoLTE with Birdie and have it with my work phone and when speaking via VoLTE the call quality is far superior. Thing is it only really works if the person at the other end also has VoLTE (i.e. doesn't work when calling a landline).
    How would you compare it to a Whatsapp/Telegram voice call?

Quote Originally Posted by vyral_143:
    Regarding voice call quality, I have observed that during a regular phone call, SoSIM network is switching from LTE mode to 3G and 2G mode and then it switches back again to LTE mode after call is over. This potentially disconnects data for a while. This switching back and forth is less pleasant experience and might require activating VoLTE pack.

Also I would agree that network is bit weaker than Birdie. But again for $$ I am paying, it's fine !
    Yeah call connection is a bit weak.

Also in HK rather annoyingly volte only works intra network, not across networks.

Votle call quality is vastly superior but does rely onna 4g connection.

Hi, what is the speed of this $33 50gb? Is it per month? Can I use it for download?

There are also some referral awards. 5HKD credit and some 11p-7a unlimited data and 50GB of social data. I could use WhatsApp when I let my 30 day initial plan expire for a few hours.

I also got a 10HKD credit for my real name registration and a 10HKD ParkNShop coupon (requires you to spend at least 100HKD).

If you want to give me 5HKD in SoSIM credit free feel to use my referral code: S86RPMY (or ask a friend or family member for their code). You don't get much for using someone's code just a 30-day 50GB Social Media Data and unlimited 11p-7a mobile data (it activates the at the time you input someone's code).

Good luck to anyone using up the 193GB of data in the first 30 days if you activate a new SoSIM by the end of August. It's plug and play, so it should automatically work once you put the SIM in a SIM slot.

Last edited by LoganH; 13-08-2021 at 07:16 PM.
    jimbo_jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Yeah call connection is a bit weak.

Also in HK rather annoyingly volte only works intra network, not across networks.

Votle call quality is vastly superior but does rely onna 4g connection.
    Did you try VoLTE ? I am highly contemplating to give it a go for atleast month first.

Did you try VoLTE ? I am highly contemplating to give it a go for atleast month first.
    Isnt it phone dependant? I don't think my phone supports it (have not seen an option to turn it on / off).

Hi, yes have VoLTE and it works great when it works. If you see my other post on the other thread call quality is pretty so so (lol no pun intended, or maybe) even with VoLTE.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Isnt it phone dependant? I don't think my phone supports it (have not seen an option to turn it on / off).
    In case of SoSIM, it's both phone and value-add-pack dependent. We need to buy a separate pack for VoLTE (HD voice calls in SoSIM's terms) which costs $18/38/65 for 30/180/365 days.
    shri likes this.

Anyone else having issues with SoSim whereby occasionally data seems to turn off when the device is locked/asleep?
    Happening for both my wife and myself. Im on Android and she's on iPhone. Not always, but often times, neither of us receive any notifications/messages when our phones are locked (screen turned off).

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast