Like Tree94Likes

The cheapest and fastest data in HK for $33?

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Quick question.. how to top up the SoSim? I can't seem to download the app, it says not available in your region =_=

Can you top it up at Park N Shop?

CaptainKuripot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy:
    Quick question.. how to top up the SoSim? I can't seem to download the app, it says not available in your region =_=

Promotion Details
    Recharge SoSIM prepaid SIM at PARKnSHOP, FUSION, TASTE, INTERNATIONAL, FOOD LE PARC, GOURMET, GREAT FOOD HALL, SU-PA-DE-PA (Supermarket only) and WATSONS stores in Hong Kong during the promotion period, get 1 bottle of designated Watsons drink for FREE.
    https://web.three.com.hk/prepaid/sos.../index-en.html

[SoSIM儲值卡] 儲值卡號碼XXXXXXXX. 儲值卡有效期至20/08/2021 08:35:09 (香港時間)。
    你可以下載流動應用程式使用二維碼 百佳或屈臣氏各分店為SoSIM增值。請 此下載 <https://www.three.com.hk/prepaid/SOSIM/app_download>.
    登記易賞錢請按此連結 <https://www.three.com.hk/sosim/moneyback/index.html>

[SoSIM Prepaid Card] Your Prepaid SIM mobile number XXXXXXXX SIM Card Expiry date: 20/08/2021 08:35:09 (HK Time).
    You can download the Mobile App to recharge SoSIM at PARKnSHOP or Watsons. Please click here to down <https://www.three.com.hk/prepaid/SOSIM/app_download>.
    For MoneyBack registration, please click <https://www.three.com.hk/sosim/moneyback/index-en.html>.

Oh... that didn’t come out right.

vmlinuz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy:

You need to change region setting on your phone to HK. That's what I happened to me
    chodaboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiQi:
    I changed my routers sim card from birdie to the SoSim. With 50 GB unlimited or 60 after the first month, it's much better for me than with birdie.
    I also consider changing my phone from birdie to SoSim, but unfortunately I can't take over my old phone number...
    Not sure if this is relevant to you: According to the page below (about half way down) you can transfer existing prepaid mobile numbers to SoSim.

web.three.com.hk/prepaid/sosim/index-en.html

Not sure about transferring in at the end of a contract from another operator but it might be worth checking.
    rainylin likes this.

Oh cool, thanks Malcom. Thats relevant and helpful.
    I will probably switch from birdie to SoSim on my mobile phone. You saved me some $$$. Gracias!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiQi:
    Oh cool, thanks Malcom. Thats relevant and helpful.
    I will probably switch from birdie to SoSim on my mobile phone. You saved me some $$$. Gracias!
    How do you find the speed of 3/SoSim vs Birdie?

I noticed that in my office, some corners doesn't have reception.

I have it in my laptop, so can't really compare apples to apples.

My phone takes nano-Sim and I don't have an tray that will make it back to micro-Sim.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm99:
    Not sure if this is relevant to you: According to the page below (about half way down) you can transfer existing prepaid mobile numbers to SoSim.

web.three.com.hk/prepaid/sosim/index-en.html

Not sure about transferring in at the end of a contract from another operator but it might be worth checking.
    is this true? I’ve actually contacted them before, and they said that you can only buy their number in the supermarket. And can’t transfer your mobile number to SoSim. Wow this is great news!
    Last edited by rainylin; 30-05-2021 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Attach screenshot
    caipiroska likes this.

What is truth?

Quote Originally Posted by rainylin:
    is this true? I’ve actually contacted them before, and they said that you can only buy their number in the supermarket. And can’t transfer your mobile number to SoSim. Wow this is great news!
    Well it's true that on the page I linked there is a section "Transferring your number to SoSIM" that gives detailed instructions about how to port aprepaid mobile to SoSim.

But are the instructions true? I don't know - never tried ;-)

There is also a note that says: "
    If use SoSIM purchased before 31 March 2021 to register for mobile number porting, user can submit the application via SoSIM mobile app in Jun 2021.]
    so you may have to wait a few more days...
    shri, caipiroska and rainylin like this.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast