Like Tree76Likes

The cheapest and fastest data in HK for $33?

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20
    Quote Originally Posted by ebayhtl:
    A little OT - was looking at SoSim at Fortress, when I saw that Fortress and 3 are doing a promo at the moment - HKD148 (+HKD18 tunnel fee) per month for 100gb 5G plan (24 month contract). Signed up straight away.

CMHK is doing HKD198 per month for a 30gb 5G plan on a 30 month contract (albeit with 6 months free, taking the price down to 159/month) - but not a CMHK fan.
    Has anyone seen the hkbn 5g offer which is similar? Only caveat is that it's a 24 month contract. Apparently, they use a combination of smartone, 3 and cmhk to provide the backend services. Might be interesting to check out if someone is looking for 5g plans.

Quote Originally Posted by blueagles:
    Seems like better value than birdie. Would like to hear if anyone has any input on it as well?

I just ordered a Club Sim. Will most probably port over my line from Birdie (where I'm paying $50 for 600MB) to Club Sim's $58 for 20GB. I'm guessing given the CSL backbone, it should provide better coverage than Smartone's Birdie. Having said that, the CLub Sim app is beyond horrible. I'm hoping it's a set it and forget it kind of thing, otherwise, it might become a massive hassle.

blueagles likes this.

Just an update. Tried porting over my number to clubSIM and the whole process just sucks. Their app is basically just trying to show the webpages and doing a shitty job at that. The whole thing just crashes half the time and the response from customer service is "please try reinstalling the app". I have given up on the idea of using it until they fix the app.

blueagles likes this.

Just an update on International roaming with SoSim.

Just called their CS and was told this is already enabled, including making and receiving phone calls and text messages abroad.

emx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Just an update on International roaming with SoSim.

Just called their CS and was told this is already enabled, including making and receiving phone calls and text messages abroad.
    Yeah, can confirm that sosim logged on to local networks in 3 different countries. Was able to receive texts. Got some random spam calls as well though didn't pick up due to roaming charges. It's a decent option if you want to just receive texts while traveling internationally. Unfortunately, they don't have travel data bundles like Birdie, so you might want to pop in a local sim in slot 2 wherever you land.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20