Like Tree94Likes

The cheapest and fastest data in HK for $33?

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Has anyone tried this

https://www.clubsim.com.hk/en/monthlyplan

Quote Originally Posted by blueagles:
    Seems like better value than birdie. Would like to hear if anyone has any input on it as well?

I just ordered a Club Sim. Will most probably port over my line from Birdie (where I'm paying $50 for 600MB) to Club Sim's $58 for 20GB. I'm guessing given the CSL backbone, it should provide better coverage than Smartone's Birdie. Having said that, the CLub Sim app is beyond horrible. I'm hoping it's a set it and forget it kind of thing, otherwise, it might become a massive hassle.

blueagles likes this.

Just an update. Tried porting over my number to clubSIM and the whole process just sucks. Their app is basically just trying to show the webpages and doing a shitty job at that. The whole thing just crashes half the time and the response from customer service is "please try reinstalling the app". I have given up on the idea of using it until they fix the app.

blueagles likes this.

Just an update on International roaming with SoSim.

Just called their CS and was told this is already enabled, including making and receiving phone calls and text messages abroad.

emx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Just an update on International roaming with SoSim.

Just called their CS and was told this is already enabled, including making and receiving phone calls and text messages abroad.
    Yeah, can confirm that sosim logged on to local networks in 3 different countries. Was able to receive texts. Got some random spam calls as well though didn't pick up due to roaming charges. It's a decent option if you want to just receive texts while traveling internationally. Unfortunately, they don't have travel data bundles like Birdie, so you might want to pop in a local sim in slot 2 wherever you land.

I got a 4g router off taobao and a new soSIM card and cancelled my internet with HKBN. Feels good after having been screwed by HKBN and PCCW before when they force you into paying off 24 month contracts, or for business when they contract ends they bump the price up 3-4x times. Cancel your internet and get soSIM and a router!

Just noticed that SoSim now offers data roaming daily rates for pretty much most of the world. 500MB FUP.

Rates vary depending on region.

timonoj likes this.

Are you sure you're not confusing their local data table with roaming? I just checked and the roaming option only shows a handful of countries like before.

Quote Originally Posted by eterrestrial32:
    Are you sure you're not confusing their local data table with roaming? I just checked and the roaming option only shows a handful of countries like before.
    https://web.three.com.hk/prepaid/sosim/index-en.html

Then click on the travel tab.
    eterrestrial32 likes this.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast