Like Tree94Likes

The cheapest and fastest data in HK for $33?

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thanks. Good to see that their data roaming coverage is quite comprehensive now.

Just checked the sosim app and the day passes are showing up under the travel section now as well. Hopefully they introduce some 7/10 day or longer packages as well down the road.

Apologies in advance if my question sounds convoluted.

I have a dual sim phone. One sim is with So-Sim, other sim is with work.

I am abroad.

Before leaving HK I diverted my calls from my So-Sim to my work number. I thought that way, if I get a call on my So-Sim, it would automatically get diverted to my work number and I would avoid any roaming charges on So-Sim.

However it seems that this isn't the case and I've received (and taken) a few calls that were to my So-Sim, diverted to my work. It seems I'm getting charged roaming rates on my So-Sim.

Am I missing something here?

To set up call forwarding I couldn't use the functions on my phone (they were greyed out), but used short codes provided by 3HK.

Is the redirecting SoSim also abroad? Maybe redirection is failing while abroad, or it only applies once it has reached the device, and so you still get charged roaming?

I would suggest having a chat with the customer support. I've never tried call forwarding but the logic of what you mentioned does make sense. However, it all comes down to whether the service provider sees it the same way or not.

I used the same call forwarding set up as you and its treated as call forwarding by the prepaid sim to the work sim (my prepaid sim was not sosim though). I didnt use shortcodes to do the forwarding though , rather i used the iphone's forwarding function. I didnt get charged call roaming on the prepaid card.

sounds like you might have set up the call forwarding incorrectly and its coming through directly.

pin likes this.

Thank you all for great info here.
    I will be in HK for 20 days and SoSIM seems to suit me.
    Should I deregister SoSIM before I leave HK or can I do it after I have left the country?

Sorry if I miss this.

Hmm why would you need to de-register it? You could keep it and it will eventually be deactivated on its own after a few months with no balance added, I imagine. It is prepaid, after all.

I would prefer to deregister it because I don't want something tied to my ID number that I don't use anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by scann3r:
    I would prefer to deregister it because I don't want something tied to my ID number that I don't use anymore.
    Ahhh right, mine wasn't registered in the first place. I guess it's mandatory now for new SIMs.

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast