Like Tree60Likes

The cheapest and fastest data in HK for $33?

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

The cheapest and fastest data in HK for $33?

Hey all,

Been using China Mobile for years.. when I came back early ths year I bought a new sim pack from them.. $199 for 18gb, can use within one year. Kinda pricey, since I always have to top up within 10 years. 18gb runs out super fast.

Was in Park n Shop last week and saw they were offering 3 HK sim packs- 50gb for only $33, which is absolute peanuts. I got one pack and currently using it now, it's fast enough for social media and streaming movies and stuff on YouTube.

Are there any other cheaper packages out there? Or $33hkd for 50gb the cheapest?

I saw 100s of sim packs at those street vendors in Sham Shui Po but never tried any of them.

Birdie 42 Mbps 15 gigs for 250 HKD. Unlimited 2Mbps afterwards. Also unlimited from 1 to 6am

I changed my routers sim card from birdie to the SoSim. With 50 GB unlimited or 60 after the first month, it's much better for me than with birdie.
    I also consider changing my phone from birdie to SoSim, but unfortunately I can't take over my old phone number...
    Have not heard of anything cheaper than SoSim yet.

rainylin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy:
    Hey all,

Been using China Mobile for years.. when I came back early ths year I bought a new sim pack from them.. $199 for 18gb, can use within one year. Kinda pricey, since I always have to top up within 10 years. 18gb runs out super fast.

Was in Park n Shop last week and saw they were offering 3 HK sim packs- 50gb for only $33, which is absolute peanuts. I got one pack and currently using it now, it's fast enough for social media and streaming movies and stuff on YouTube.

Are there any other cheaper packages out there? Or $33hkd for 50gb the cheapest?

I saw 100s of sim packs at those street vendors in Sham Shui Po but never tried any of them.
    Are the recharge prices the same? Or is it just a cheap price to start and then more expensive when you want to add more data/calls ?

No, it's the same.. just top up another 33 bucks. My local frd said Park n Shop used to offer a even cheaper sim.. 20 something for 60 or 80gb, but they discontinued it, think it was a student sim.

Quote Originally Posted by QuiQi:
    I changed my routers sim card from birdie to the SoSim. With 50 GB unlimited or 60 after the first month, it's much better for me than with birdie.
    I also consider changing my phone from birdie to SoSim, but unfortunately I can't take over my old phone number...
    Have not heard of anything cheaper than SoSim yet.
    How much are you paying for the SoSim?

33 HKD for 50 GB per month.

edit: sorry, SoSim=Parknshop Sim

Last edited by QuiQi; 19-04-2021 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Additional information

SoSim uses the [3] network. Decent. I’ve used it as a 2nd SIM when I go hiking to cover me when China Mobile is out or range.

in other words, I have 3 networks at my
    disposal: China Mobile HK, China Mobile mainland and 3 (I do most hiking in the North / Tai Lam... you’d be surprised where the mainland network reaches.)

Quote Originally Posted by QuiQi:
    33 HKD for 50 GB per month.

edit: sorry, SoSim=Parknshop Sim
    Haha gotcha.. so the SoSim is the cheapest one so far. Been using it everyday and it hasn't slowed down in speed.. can watch YouTube without it loading, wish I found this sooner

I have been using SoSim for around half a year now, with a router for SIM. It's good enough, since I don't want to have 2 years contract. Just top up $33 every month.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast