Recycle Old (broken) Smartphone Phone

Closed Thread

Recycle Old (broken) Smartphone Phone

Would anyone know how to get rid of old smartphones in Hong Kong? I am keen to recycle it, since throwing in the thrash is definitely not the right way to go..

I have a (Samsung) smartphone that is not working at the moment. (Battery and Screen is busted) However. someone who would be a bit handy with electronics would be able to fix it up and then have access to my email, Facebook accounts etc..

I know there is a government e-waste recycling scheme. But i am not very keen to give them my phone which may endanger the data on it.. I have also had a look at the Samsung website but they seem to only want working phones and my type (Samsung C5) is also not mentioned as one of the desired types.. Happy to know if anyone has a solution

Thanks!

Try SSP. Apliu St.

Some mobile phone shops have an old phone/accessory disposal bin for recycling.

Eg https://web.three.com.hk/about3hk/csr/index-en.html

I have also been wondering about this. I have a number of phones that fit your description. I had the same issue with old computers and took a lump hammer to the disk drives before chucking them away. All I can think of now is to open up the phone, identify the memory components and smash them.