Like Tree24Likes

Phone stolen in Soho, tracked to Kwun Tong and is still there.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongmusic:
    Forgot about that one. KL to a certain extent, although there are some a bit dodgy areas. You get my drift though.
    Bit more in covid times in KL have heard from friends that nag snatching etc are up in the posher areas. Similar to what happened a few years ago in places like IFC etc..

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    I assume Sage is joking.
    @Sage, I was told you need to put a smiley face at the end of sarcastic/joke comments to inform the elderly here.
    I actually found it slightly amusing, almost satirical (A bit embarrassing to admit that reaction to one is @Sage posts!)

@Sage . Everyone has at some point in their lives been a victim of theft or mugging. It's just frustrating that you can't act on credible evidence and have a good chance of finding the perpetrators. I posted on this forum on the off chance someone may have also had their phone stolen by the same gang and looking to find them, pretty sure they are seasoned criminals. I have a way of finding the phone if it's still turned on and I can get near enough to it but I'm not going to risk going to a dodgy estate myself. If only I can hire someone to do the investigation. I went back to the bar today and they said they are going to give me the footage once they have it, lets see.

Sage likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    I assume Sage is joking.
    @Sage, I was told you need to put a smiley face at the end of sarcastic/joke comments to inform the elderly here.
    Something I'd normally not do ... read two or three paras into an article to see if they named the suspect and his/her weapon of choice...

A 43-year-old man faces a bleak new year after he was arrested on suspicion of assaulting a 63-year-old man who is said to have castigated him for removing his mask while eating fish balls and siu mai on the MTR.

Eating and drinking on MTR trains are prohibited and may lead to a HK$2,000 fine.
    Hyun soon whipped out a mobile phone from his pocket and allegedly hit Wong on the head, which bled.
    https://www.thestandard.com.hk/secti...ion/11/237428/

Quote Originally Posted by fairchild:
    @Sage . Everyone has at some point in their lives been a victim of theft or mugging. It's just frustrating that you can't act on credible evidence and have a good chance of finding the perpetrators. I posted on this forum on the off chance someone may have also had their phone stolen by the same gang and looking to find them, pretty sure they are seasoned criminals. I have a way of finding the phone if it's still turned on and I can get near enough to it but I'm not going to risk going to a dodgy estate myself. If only I can hire someone to do the investigation. I went back to the bar today and they said they are going to give me the footage once they have it, lets see.

Have you spoken to the manager of the bar? The cctv might be wiped after 30 days.

the level of English at The Standard is appalling. " A female passenger repeatedly chants "please stop fighting.""

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Something I'd normally not do ... read two or three paras into an article to see if they named the suspect and his/her weapon of choice...

I think thats Sage's brother, Hyun.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:

Ha ha, you needn't have read past 'fish balls and siu mai', I would hope that sentence would immediately rule out all of Geoexpat as the hero of the moment described (but I do understand that there are a number of contributors to whom only the 'Geo' prefix applies)

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    Ha ha, you needn't have read past 'fish balls and siu mai', I would hope that sentence would immediately rule out all of Geoexpat as the hero of the moment described (but I do understand that there are a number of contributors to whom only the 'Geo' prefix applies)
    I don't mind street corner fishballs and siu mai ... not had it in a few years as I have some weird reactions to some ingredients and cannot trust street food.