HK Samsung i908 for non Chinese readers?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

isn't possible that you can flash samsung i908 to the english ver, possibly at sin tat centre within mong kok

Quote Originally Posted by gdp
    yes, but look at the price.

The offer I have from 3 (i908) is less than a third of the cost, no deposit/refund, 12 month contract.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay
    Both CSL and 3 offer English versions on contract if you ask, although maybe not all stores will be aware of this.
    Update

Jaykay, your above statement is incorrect.

Samsung HK only sell the i908 Chinese.
    3 and CSL only have the i908 Chinese.

Samsung cannot not say what the differences are between i900 & i908. They only have information for the i908

You can buy the i900 in HK but all models are grey imports.
    Samsung have just told us that you can get the firmware changed to English but if you do you void the warranty and may cause compatibility problems with the carriers.

using i900 with 3 service no problem

Quote Originally Posted by neha
    using i900 with 3 service no problem
    Where did you get the carrier settings? Did 3 give them to you?

I have spoken with somebody else, i900 UK version, who is having problems getting the correct settings for the phone - also on 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Sand
    Update

Jaykay, your above statement is incorrect.

Samsung HK only sell the i908 Chinese.
    3 and CSL only have the i908 Chinese.

Samsung cannot not say what the differences are between i900 & i908. They only have information for the i908
    They are the same model, all that happens is the model name designation is different - normal for Samsung, Sharp, etc.

Sand, please go to the 123 store in Shatin New Town Plaza. It's on the 6th floor. They will sell you an English version, I have double checked with them today. The 3 store in nearby Shatin Plaza will also sell English version.

Has anybody managed to get the i900 to connect to the internet. I bought mine today but it won't connect through wifi or 3G. I'm on Smartone. Also it is possible to buy a headphone adapter for it?

Thx

They are the same model, all that happens is the model name designation is different - normal for Samsung, Sharp, etc.

Sand, please go to the 123 store in Shatin New Town Plaza. It's on the 6th floor. They will sell you an English version, I have double checked with them today. The 3 store in nearby Shatin Plaza will also sell English version.
    Ok, I will check with them. Are the English units i900's or i908's?
    We have been in the 3 stores in Lamtin, Kwun Tong, and Mongkok and none have the English version. If you call 3's customer services they will only offer you the Chinese version.

Initially I thought the 900 and the 908 were the same. However, I have read that there are hardware differences. Unable to confirm this though. Even Samsung (HK and UK) cannot confirm.
    I have spent the last few days looking into changing the firmware myself but it seems to me that many people who go 908 to 900 have problems. Usually with the radio firmware - the bit that deals with the interaction with the mobile network, so I am now reluctant to try this.

Anyway, we will check with the Shatin shops and let you know.

I have worked out how to get the i900 to connect to the internet now. If anybody else is having a similar problem let me know.

PF

All the way to Shatin to find out you are still incorrect.

3 Shatin DOES NOT have an English version. Never had an English version.

Didn't try the CSL shop as I do not want to use them

Did find the i900 for sale in City Link though.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast