HK Samsung i908 for non Chinese readers?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

HK Samsung i908 for non Chinese readers?

Any non Chinese readers using the HK Samsung i908?

My wife wants one but it would be up to me to install software etc and I cannot read Chinese.

Is this likely to be a problem?

i assume that the default language for official hong kong phones is always in english, with an option to change to chinese.

however, if its a china mainland ver, it's the other way round

No,

the default language for HK is trad Chinese with no English option.

I am lead to believe that English software will work though.

The device is Windows mobile 6.1 which I am unfamiliar with (I'm still using a 2003 PDA) so any help is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sand:
    The device is Windows mobile 6.1 which I am unfamiliar with (I'm still using a 2003 PDA) so any help is appreciated.
    Theres usually two versions available here in HK for Windows mobile devices.

English and Chinese, Smaller local stores will usually have Chinese versions in stock only and have to order in English versions, Thats what they had to do with my HTC, Try Fortress and Broadway as they'll be more likely to stock English versions.

or u can buy i900 which is the english version

There is only one official version - the Chinese language one.

I have looked at getting an English import but the price is very high compared to the offer we currently have with 3.

Both CSL and 3 offer English versions on contract if you ask, although maybe not all stores will be aware of this.

The i900 is exactly the same phone, just without the Chinese language. The i900 is also cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    Both CSL and 3 offer English versions on contract if you ask, although maybe not all stores will be aware of this.
    Can you confirm this.

We have been in several 3 shops they have only had Chinese versions.
    We contacted Samsung in HK and they stated they only had Chinese version here.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast