Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By pin
  • 1 Post By bdw

Best HK service for ROAMING VOICE calls?

Closed Thread

Best HK service for ROAMING VOICE calls?

I rarely use voice, but sometimes people call me. (HSBC in particular are really iritating about their desire to ring you while you are roaming). I have been using Birdie - their data roaming services and HK service is great. But their voice roaming leaves a LOT to be desired. Anything better out there these days?

Three, Smartone, HKT or any other network.

shri likes this.

If your issue with Birdie is that they charge HK$10-20 to receive a call, even if its just a few seconds spam call, I think all providers are going to charge for this, but you can get better rates with other providers.

For example, China mobile "Global Service Plan" only charges HK$2-$3/min to receive incoming calls. The global plan is $398/month, gives 10GB of data/month which can be used in 156 countries for 'free' (no day passes or need to pay any extra as part of the $398 monthly fee). If you only need 40 countries instead of 156 then the monthly fee is $298.

https://eshop.hk.chinamobile.com/en/...previewId=1270

HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    If your issue with Birdie is that they charge HK$10-20 to receive a call, even if its just a few seconds spam call, I think all providers are going to charge for this, but you can get better rates with other providers.

For example, China mobile "Global Service Plan" only charges HK$2-$3/min to receive incoming calls. The global plan is $398/month, gives 10GB of data/month which can be used in 156 countries for 'free' (no day passes or need to pay any extra as part of the $398 monthly fee). If you only need 40 countries instead of 156 then the monthly fee is $298.

https://eshop.hk.chinamobile.com/en/...previewId=1270
    That's not bad/ But 24 month contract is more of an issue given the uncertainty right now