Like Tree17Likes

iPhone 14

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Rinse repeat

Article on the illusion of scarcity to bump up prices for Iphones in 2007.

https://hbr.org/2007/08/how-to-profit-from-scarcity-1

Personal taste la but I find the latest models without rounded corners real ugly, like a weighted styrofoam piece. One can only hope for a new design direction soon but the iphone 13 green was a real hit with my friends so I might have to wait a long time.

Lol , iAm using 5SE because of its size. Just realized 13 mini is the same. Guess I have saved a lot

Quote Originally Posted by LetsDiscuss:
    Oh really ? I thought just pay in any apple store or fortress and bring it home.
    Up until a couple of years ago you could reserve two of every iPhone release, pick them up at the store and sell them to the uncle / auntie outside with a suitcase for an almost guaranteed 100% profit. 10-20k for an hour's work.

Now the profit isn't so high but it's still scalpable.

I reserved 2 iPhone 14 Pro in Deep Purple for personal use. I used to scalp them back in university.

I cancelled my order 2 days ago since I changed my mind after watching reviews. Lost out on free $ lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:
    Have fun trying
    I think you missed the pre-orders. I got 2 iPhones easy within the first 2-3 mins

Agree. I just had a bit of remorse for cancelling my order and noticing how people are sellig with 20-30% mark-ups. I can understand the craze back in 2012-2015. I assume some still find iPhone as a status symbol sadly

Quote Originally Posted by aw451:
    Up until a couple of years ago you could reserve two of every iPhone release, pick them up at the store and sell them to the uncle / auntie outside with a suitcase for an almost guaranteed 100% profit. 10-20k for an hour's work.

Now the profit isn't so high but it's still scalpable.

Quote Originally Posted by Srashes:
    Agree. I just had a bit of remorse for cancelling my order and noticing how people are sellig with 20-30% mark-ups. I can understand the craze back in 2012-2015. I assume some still find iPhone as a status symbol sadly
    I wouldn't worry. The returns aren't as good or guaranteed now that mainland China has better access to Apple devices on launch days.

Quote Originally Posted by muzzdang:
    If you have iphone 12 or 13, don't bother upgrading to iphone 14 - pretty much the same

iphone 14 pro with the dynamic island (terrible name) is rather interesting - that is the real differential compared to earlier models
    oh well guess I wait for 15
    muzzdang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    Lol , iAm using 5SE because of its size. Just realized 13 mini is the same. Guess I have saved a lot
    Size is an issue for me too - I moved up to the 12 Mini from the older SE and it was a good move. No mini in the 14 series, and I don't really need an upgrade yet and would be a waste to 'upgrade' from 12 mini to 13 mini. If there is a 15 mini or a beefier SE next year that might be the time. The others are just too large for me.
    Last edited by spode; 17-09-2022 at 08:44 AM. Reason: fixed typo

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast