Like Tree12Likes

iPhone 14

Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    233

    iPhone 14

    Noticed iPhone 14 models are sold out? Are people still paying a premium for these in grey markets -- Seeing the marketplace on Facebook flooded with premiums.

    I used to be one of those guys who buys them on launch and sell for a profit but it's been ages and I assumed the craze has died down.

    Are people still paying premium for these devices?


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Faroe Islands
    Posts
    1,951

    They were never being sold in the first place

    Have to buy online and then collect at the store

    If you go online to buy a 14 Pro Max now the delivery date is 1 Nov 2022

    Fuck Apple


  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    454

    +1300 was the premium on the iphone pro max this morning


  4. #4

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sai Kung
    Posts
    4,228

    Don’t get sucked into the marketing. The reviews I’ve seen are not promising. If my iphone6 hadn’t packed up I’d still be using it. For now I have an SE. I also have an android and I’m still trying to wean myself off apple but the bastards have my tied in knots with menu and standard commands. I even struggle with the keyboard on the android. I clearly need to upload a different one but I’m a techno fart.


  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Kiwi:

    If you go online to buy a 14 Pro Max now the delivery date is 1 Nov 2022
    Oh really ? I thought just pay in any apple store or fortress and bring it home.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Faroe Islands
    Posts
    1,951

    Have fun trying


  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    454
    Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    Don’t get sucked into the marketing. The reviews I’ve seen are not promising. If my iphone6 hadn’t packed up I’d still be using it. For now I have an SE. I also have an android and I’m still trying to wean myself off apple but the bastards have my tied in knots with menu and standard commands. I even struggle with the keyboard on the android. I clearly need to upload a different one but I’m a techno fart.
    If you have iphone 12 or 13, don't bother upgrading to iphone 14 - pretty much the same

    iphone 14 pro with the dynamic island (terrible name) is rather interesting - that is the real differential compared to earlier models

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,209

    Since X was introduced it feels like one can wait 3-4 years between upgrades, only problem is battery life. How much is it to replace the battery only in an Iphone 11 Pro?

    So for me I probably buy a new one when 15 Pro comes out..

    I have been waiting for a serious zoom on the iPhone through a combo of zoom lense and high Megapixel which can create good digital zoom. But they only put in the 48 Mpix in the non-zoom lense, fail..


  9. #9

    What accessories android user should buy with his first iphone ? Example, charger, mobile cover (though people said iphone cover cost 300-400 hkd tear apart with in 1 year), anything else ?


  10. #10

    I replaced the battery to my iphone X 2 years ago (or was it last year? I forget. It was during covid...1.5 years ago)... Cost my HKD500 or something to do it at the apple store. Super easy.

    https://support.apple.com/en-hk/ipho...ry-replacement


    Quote Originally Posted by muzzdang:
    If you have iphone 12 or 13, don't bother upgrading to iphone 14 - pretty much the same

    iphone 14 pro with the dynamic island (terrible name) is rather interesting - that is the real differential compared to earlier models
    aublumberg likes this.

Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast