Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By aw451
  • 2 Post By shafiq
  • 1 Post By pin
  • 2 Post By vyral_143

Cheapest phone number options

Closed Thread
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    201

    Cheapest phone number options

    I'd like to get a second phone number to use for business registration etc.

    I don't need any kind of data, as I'll be on a wifi network 24/7.

    I would like to potentially receive phone calls, though.

    Any advice on the cheapest options available would be greatly appreciated :-)


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    香港特别行政区
    Posts
    3,023

    Just buy the cheapest prepaid SIM from a market stall or got to Circle K and buy a $60 birdie SIM. Remember all HK numbers now need to be registered with your real name.

    Mrs. Jones and emx like this.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    15,584

    Check out lucky sim

    redslert likes this.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,598

    Would recommend to go for sun mobile, birdie or Mo sim post paid without contract. Sun Mobile has HKD24/month 12 month contract.

    In case of prepaid, If for some reason u forgot to recharge or extend validity of the sim and the number expires, u cant get it back.

    pin and shri like this.

  5. #5

    Check HK Mobile or Lucky SIM on https://www.mypacemarket.com/

    I have been using HK Mobile for more than a year. Initial cost including porting was HK$150 for me. Came with HK$38 value/balance in SIM card + 2000 mins (incoming counts in this !) + 70GB 4G data. Lasted me good 1 year.

    There are plans which cost like HK$38/1GB/365 days

    Roaming works flawlessly on this so as to receive SMS while you are abroad.

    shri and pin like this.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by vyral_143:
    Check HK Mobile or Lucky SIM on https://www.mypacemarket.com/

    I have been using HK Mobile for more than a year. Initial cost including porting was HK$150 for me. Came with HK$38 value/balance in SIM card + 2000 mins (incoming counts in this !) + 70GB 4G data. Lasted me good 1 year.
    Thanks! Do you think it's possible to have some kind of call forwarding? So, for example, I can forward this to another phone number that has unlimited minutes so as not to ever hit the cap on the minutes.

    Hope this makes sense...

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by hk.main:
    Thanks! Do you think it's possible to have some kind of call forwarding? So, for example, I can forward this to another phone number that has unlimited minutes so as not to ever hit the cap on the minutes.

    Hope this makes sense...
    Call forwarding seems to be available but charged same as any other call. Following is link to refer;

    https://www.hkcsl.com/en/csl-indones...l-prepaid-sim/

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    201

    Pardon the silly question... but how do I purchase a SIM from luckysim? On their website the only thing I seem to be able to find is: "Please visit our service partners' store." I have no idea where that is...

    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.


  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by hk.main:
    Pardon the silly question... but how do I purchase a SIM from luckysim? On their website the only thing I seem to be able to find is: "Please visit our service partners' store." I have no idea where that is...

    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    Refer to post #5

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by vyral_143:
    Refer to post #5
    Great, thanks for the reply.