Like Tree6Likes

HK phone number that rings my phone in USA?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

HK phone number that rings my phone in USA?

If I travel between USA and HK often, how can I get a HK phone number that rings my cellphone whether I'm in USA or HK?

WhatsApp?

PKS_2000 and HK_Katherine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by redgreen:
    If I travel between USA and HK often, how can I get a HK phone number that rings my cellphone whether I'm in USA or HK?
    Roaming? Ringing is free.... Picking up and answering is not.

Or forward to a local low cost service / app based service.
    PKS_2000 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Roaming? Ringing is free.... Picking up and answering is not.

Or forward to a local low cost service / app based service.
    With some phone networks even declining an incoming call incurs a cost. Best to leave it as a missed call.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tropic:
    With some phone networks even declining an incoming call incurs a cost. Best to leave it as a missed call.
    Yes, if you have voicemail. Even more expensive than picking up as it could be considered a two way international call (dial in to voicemail and receive a call)

Facebook Messenger

So what you can do is get one of those SIP phone service in HK. Forward your HK number to that SIP service when you are abroad and run a SIP phone software on your phone. Works great until you realise the SIP software is draining your phone battery. So instead of SIP softphone I now use a desktop internet phone connected to a HK number and check who are the miss call (normally are scammers/spammers) and call them back if i need to

Best solution seems to be whatsapp which everyone seems to be calling me with

Quote Originally Posted by tropic:
    yeah I messed up once with CHina Mobile. I did forward to HK no. on busy/hang up and chatted with my client on the internet phone. Turns out they charged me the whole 30min of forwarding it back to my HK office as 2 way roaming, ie from HK to overseas and overseas back to HK. So the correct way of forwarding is forward everything without conditions to HK no. so that they will not charge you the roaming

Quote Originally Posted by ycchai:
    So what you can do is get one of those SIP phone service in HK. Forward your HK number to that SIP service when you are abroad and run a SIP phone software on your phone. Works great until you realise the SIP software is draining your phone battery. So instead of SIP softphone I now use a desktop internet phone connected to a HK number and check who are the miss call (normally are scammers/spammers) and call them back if i need to

Best solution seems to be whatsapp which everyone seems to be calling me with
    Can you tell me more about the Desktop internet phone? Where can I get this

Suggest a dual sim phone with the HK sim on roaming only while not in HK.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast