[VOIP] voip phone in Hong kong?

Closed Thread

[VOIP] voip phone in Hong kong?

Hi all,

Have been searching and looking everywhere but am unable to find a good Voip telephone in Hong Kong.

I am looking for (or something similar) to the Siemens S675 IP or the Siemens S685 IP phone

http://www.gigaset-blog.com/bilder/20080825_s685ip.jpg

Have contacted Siemens Hong Kong, but they say it will take about 2 weeks to order, and i cannot wait that long.

Anyone know a good alternative for this and knowing where i can buy it?

Thanks in advance!

Pretty much anything above basic consumer items will not be kept in stock and needs to be ordered from China, Japan or the US.

Last edited by MrMoo; 16-12-2008 at 05:52 PM.

You should also look at some of the phone plans on offer here - many "normal" phone services offer prices of the same order of magnitude as VOIP which might explain it's lack of popularity. See IDT 1529 for example.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    You should also look at some of the phone plans on offer here - many "normal" phone services offer prices of the same order of magnitude as VOIP which might explain it's lack of popularity. See IDT 1529 for example.
    I presume the OP already has some service as only asking for the phone. SIP services are pretty redundant in HK as local calls are free already.

indeed... i guess i'll have to import it then
    Thanks for the answers so far