Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By bernstein8
  • 2 Post By shafiq
  • 1 Post By shafiq

Cellular Plan for Mainland China

Cellular Plan for Mainland China

I been using the 3HK DIY Prepaid eSIM and added 1) 365-Day Pass - Greater Bay Area 45GB for $268HKD and 2) 300 Days Mainland China Number Service for $190HKD.

The problem with this Prepaid plan is when I receive calls from mainland, such as food ordering delivery guy trying to find me, I will get charge like 10HKD per minute or something crazy like that...

What plan do you guys use for mainland china?

Also, any good expat forum for China? I try expat.com and seems to have a lot of scammers....

Try China Mobile or China Unicom. Both offer HK+mainland plans, with HK and mainland phone numbers, calling, and data, with no charges for receiving calls. If you have a Home Return Permit, you can sign up for a mainland-only plan for as little as 30 yuan/month.

Morrison, shri and Taralab like this.

For postpaid, you can goto luohu China mobile and subscribe for RMB 19 per month post paid plan. Comes with 5GB local data.
    Once you complete 1 year, you can downgrade it to RMB 8 yuan plan, just for calls and meagre 100mb data. But you can purchase extra data for very small price.

shri and mmbiker like this.

Wow that’s cheap!

but is it a mobile plan based in mainland China? I want to stick to a HK base plan so I don’t need to use VPN.

Yes. These are china based plans, needs a vpn.
    Stick with Cmhk if you want hk/china plan.

Quote Originally Posted by mmbiker:
    Wow that’s cheap!

but is it a mobile plan based in mainland China? I want to stick to a HK base plan so I don’t need to use VPN.
    mmbiker likes this.

China mobile. Network decent in HK.
    HK plan comes with X GB of china mobile data every month. For calls in China, it's very cheap anyway as they have vast coverage in China.

I prefer using China Unicom (such as 3), because I have terrible reception with China Mobile in China. I think it has something to do with poor band support. Even though I am using a Chinese phone (vivo) I have the HK model, and China Unicom just has much better reception. (China Mobile HK in HK is fine though.)

I pay with China Mobile RMB16/month for a 5G connection plus I don't know how many Gb per month, which means enough.