Need internet do i also need to get a phone line ? need help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by happydogsx3:
    If you don't know terms of computer, can you pls learn more before making critics?
    The problem is nothing to do with computing (in which I hold an MA from one of the top 5 universities in the world, for what it's worth) - the problem is that I cannot understand your English. It is obviously not your native language, and I am generally pretty good at interpreting "English as a second language", but your post has me completely flummoxed.

I would very much welcome a rephrasing from a native speaker who does understand and then I would be happy to offer whatever advice I can.

I will refrain from the above argument but here is my understanding of the post under discussion (solely my interpretation, please correct if wrong).

--->
    The poster also lives in DB. Before he moved there his vodafone connection worked fine (I assume he was somewhere closer to city center). However, BT sites and investment sites offering real time quotes could not be connected on the vodafone connection.

If you dont mind the above two then the connection is value for money assuming you own a single computer. Note that you cannot use this connection using wifi on multiple computers (which I assume is because no such router exists).

After the poster moved to DB he is unable to connect 99.99% of the time
    Vodafone suggested sending someone to come up and see the problem. So if anyone wants this connection in DB, be careful

Vodafone supports MAC and windows.
    <----

Quote Originally Posted by krypton:
    I will refrain from the above argument but here is my understanding of the post under discussion (solely my interpretation, please correct if wrong).

--->
    The poster also lives in DB. Before he moved there his vodafone connection worked fine (I assume he was somewhere closer to city center). However, BT sites and investment sites offering real time quotes could not be connected on the vodafone connection.

If you dont mind the above two then the connection is value for money assuming you own a single computer. Note that you cannot use this connection using wifi on multiple computers (which I assume is because no such router exists).

After the poster moved to DB he is unable to connect 99.99% of the time
    Vodafone suggested sending someone to come up and see the problem. So if anyone wants this connection in DB, be careful

Vodafone supports MAC and windows.
    <----
    Lol!

THX! Krypton

Exactly!! Thx, Krypton!!

That day, I was in a hurry to type that response and hope the poster can think thoroughly before making decision to join the wireless broadband contract. Many of my friends, including myself, regret joining that contract (vodafone) for 2 years as "Disconnection" is often found.

Also, in DB, problems can even be worse as there are too many natural barriers here to interfere the connection and signal transmitting. So, in DB, if you cannot get good cell phone reception at home, wireless modem is not recommended based on my experience. I spend $ 180 every month and connection always fails (99 % zero reception )and I have to use this service until the end of the contract( 2 year). Handling charge $ 1600 is needed to break the contract.

Now that I have successfully interpreted what you wrote, I would also request you to be open to comments. While your intentions may be good, if someone points out that you are unable to communicate clearly you could try and use this to your advantage and improve on your English.

And PDLM could be more subtle in his criticism.

As a native speaker, I understand what HappydogsX3 meant, though some sentences have incomplete ideas and end too quickly, his/her fragments are still clear and my interpretation is like Kryption's.
    Discussion forum is not a place to degrade people and tell them that they're worthless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2