New World Mobility

Closed Thread
    deleteduser

Question New World Mobility

I am looking for a very basic voice plan - just a couple hundred minutes at a low monthly fee. I came across New World Mobility, who are offering very cheap voice-only plans (400 minutes is just $31 per month after the $12 fee).

Anyone have experience with them? I assume that they probably blitz you with additional services all the time, and sell your # to SMS spammers. Basically I just want to make sure that their service is reliable, and whether they are generally a headache to deal with.

If someone can recommend another carrier that offers a few hundred minutes at around $30 (with fee) let me know, thanks! This one requires a 6 month contract according to one store (another store we went to said there was no contract when we specifically asked).

Quote Originally Posted by lowlight:
    I assume that they probably blitz you with additional services all the time, and sell your # to SMS spammers.
    If you register your number on the Do Not Call register then you should not get any unsolicited calls. OFTA has prosecuted the handful of companies that have ignored the register.

deleteduser
    Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    If you register your number on the Do Not Call register then you should not get any unsolicited calls. OFTA has prosecuted the handful of companies that have ignored the register.
    Yeah, I did that when it came out. After a while, it really kicked in and I rarely get spammed anymore. But I think they'll still pitch stuff to their own customers!

I'm being facetious of course. Anyone have experience with this company?
    Last edited by deleteduser; 19-04-2009 at 01:23 AM.

NW Mobility is just a brand of CSL these days. To be honest, I thought the brand was being phased out with only 1O1O and One-2-Free remaining, but, anyway, for all practical purposes it is CSL and, therefore, fine. I have a $56 plan under the One-2-Free brand and have no issues at all.

Last edited by PDLM; 19-04-2009 at 04:32 PM.

deleteduser

Yeah I have been with CSL for the last 2 years, and it has been good. I switched to Peoples since they offer unlimited EDGE data for $99 per month. I'm waiting for 3G phones to come down a bit more before switching, EDGE is enough for checking email, MSN, Twitter, etc.

We switched my wife's account to NWMobility today. $35 per month for 1100 minutes, nobody else comes close from what I've seen.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

I have had a NWM account for a couple of years $62 with no contract, when they switched to being Onetwofree I wass offered the $56 deal but with a contract so I said no.
    So I am free agent even though I pay six whole dollars more then PDLM.
    BLAST!!!!

I have been using New World since 2002! So far I have been very happy about them and their customer service is more than excellent compare to Toronto here. I had the same plan 400mins for $35 without any additional charge! Recently I switched back to pre-paid cos I won't be in HK for a long time. Here I am paying a lot more getting 200mins with many other charges like 911 fee, system access, caller ID, voicemail and tax! bixch! 3G is almost $HK200 for 500MB! And the total I have to pay every month is almost $HK400, already discounted with a contract! bixch!