iPhone and Podcasts

Closed Thread

iPhone and Podcasts

Ok, so I got an iPhone from someone and am sort of getting used to all the flashy stuff....

However, I cannot figure out some very basic functionality and am not sure why I cannot work around this.

- ITunes Store does not work on XP or the phone - preventing me from subscribing to any podcasts

- I manually added the RSS feed for the Podcast to iTunes and expected when I synced the phone, the content would show up on my iPhone

Why cant I simply just add the podcast urls into the iPod application on the iPhone and have it sync over Wifi or 3G?

I have a feeling I'm being pretty stupid about this as I cannot seem to find any protesting users who are upset about not getting podcasts on their phone.

Got it .... was my fault. The iTunes software was defaulting to the "Hong Kong Store". Changed it to US and I can subscribe to the free podcasts.

Ok, as Shri can't remember how he changed to the US store, can anyone else help me. Just keep getting the msg that Itunes is not supported in my country.

open up iTunes. Select iTunes Store and scroll to the bottom. Select the US Store. If you wanna buy apps, select the HK Store.

BTW its not that straightforward to get an account for the US store.

Yeah, it works. Thanx guys