Opinion on Peoples Network

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I'm interested in some UK radio. What's the url?

Lots of Virgin Radio streams - and there are other channels they run - just hunt around the site.

does anyone know if you need to stay connected for 12 months for either unlimited gprs plan from peoples or sunday or can you cancel gprs at anytime?

In general, there are no minimum contract terms like that in Hong Kong - it may be different if you get a cheap/free phone along with the contract, but if you supply your own phone, you should be able to cancel at any time.

vmlinuz is right. Neither Peoples or Sunday force you to stay with them beyond a month's notice.

Just my two cents on this

People has got the lousiest network.

GPRS can deliver a maximum of 8 x 8 Kbps per carrier, but based on resources available to individual it could vary from 8 Kbps to 24 kbps.

EDGE has got an edge over GPRS and is an improvement.

3G, the one in HK is WCDMA FDD variant, offers 384 Kbps per user, but as more users hop on the nework, this can go down significantly.

OFTA as regulators are planning to release license in higher band for OFDM based WIMAX systems, which would give 1 Mbps per terminal upto a limited number of terminals per given physical location i.e. site.

Hope this helps.

Mukesh
    PS: Shri and this site is very resourceful.

Quote Originally Posted by mukesh:
    People has got the lousiest network.

I AGREE!(From my experiance a while ago)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2