Nokia N97 in HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nokia N97 in HK

Yesterday i went to MK Broadway and placed order, the staff told me it will arrive latest next week, and the earliest this saturday 6 June. If you place order for the white one now, you will get a surprise gift worth 800 HKD. I think the black is more classy, so the promo isnt for me. The nokia staff had a real model in hand, played for couple of minutes, the build quality is very very solid, especially the slide out keyboard. However the keys were smaller than i thought, but ok to handle. The black version has a a bit rough material on the back and the white one is smooth with glitters. I prefer the black one. If you go for a bit classy, corporate, choose black if you go for trendy, hip go for white. Both colors are sweet though.

At broadway, deposit is 300 HKD
    At wilson, deposit is 500 HKD (also surprise gift for white one)

Deposit can be returned by no more interest.
    Btw the price is HKD 5400 for the N97, which is very low compared to the guessing price on the internet HKD 6800.

So anyone also waiting for this uber device?

Last edited by ken.hui; 02-06-2009 at 10:01 AM.

Yes actually I am and, as with the N96, left my details with Nokia to contact me with planned release date which they have again failed to do. Knew was supposed to be sometime in June and am waiting to get my hands on one of these.

Price surprises me, my initial thoughts were more on the 6500 - 7000 range. Will keep my eye out for this!

I use an N96 and N95 8GB right now. I used an Iphone when they first came out, and was very very impressed at the web browsing (wsa using an N95 as my comparision). I didnt like other aspects (bad cam, no flash, no mms, etc) but the web browsing just totally blew away the N95 N96

So if you gotten the N97, what do you think for surfing the net vs the iphone?

Thanks

The N97 will be out on 16 June, its official now. While i played the demo version of the N97, the websbrowsing is pretty good, since its has kinetic scrolling it makes surfing a bit easier. However the webbrowsing on the iphone is more user friendly, since it has multi-touch.

Last edited by ken.hui; 09-06-2009 at 09:37 AM.

Im going with the iphone 3GS, when it gets here and prices drop a bit. It simply blows away the N97 for web surfing. Not nokia bashing, Im a long time Nokia user (using N96 now). But apple still blows nokia away when it comes to web browsing.

Now, if apple would have just put the N95/6/7's camera in the 3GS, THEN theyd really have something...

Quote Originally Posted by skypine27:
    Now, if apple would have just put the N95/6/7's camera in the 3GS, THEN theyd really have something...
    Thats next years update

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Thats next years update
    I don't think apple will get a good camera on the iphone.

However there are so many smartphones out there anyway.

If you want good camera what about the Palm Pre (3 mega pixel, but supposed to be better than the Iphone 3G S) or the HTC Magic or the soon to be released HTC Hero, or even the HTC Diamond 2.

Also I hear the webrowsing for the Android phones is supposed to be pretty good.

Blackberry is king. Remains king.

Quote Originally Posted by KelliC:
    Blackberry is king. Remains king.
    For Wanker Banker Finance types yes
    Last edited by jimbo; 25-06-2009 at 04:26 PM.

looks as though the n97 got a bit of a bad review by el reg:

Nokia N97 • Register Hardware

as for blackberry being king, i suspect kelli is just trying to get a rise from people. bb sure is king for email though.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast