iphone vs blackberry

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Why don't you look at HTC phones as well? They have an interesting variety, and cost less than the iphone

I think my decision is going get a lot harder if I add to many phones to the mix... I was only thinking about apple and blackberry yesterday now recently I've added the n97 which has confused things even more...

my suggestion is to go to the stores and play with them. its the only way to determine what you like best. most of the people chiming in on what they like may or may not be the same feelings you have. there may be one we have not mentioned or like...but you love it.

so step away from the keyboard, put on your hat and gloves, and shimmy down to your nearest phone shop for a evening of fun and adventure

here's a review i wrote on another board:

here's some background before i get into replying to your post. i'm a phone geek through and through. i usually changed phones every 3-6 mo's. even phones from abroad i'd seek- back when the motorola a1000 (or was it the a1200?) wasn't availible here, i stilll went out and got one- paid an arm and a leg!. this was the case up until i got the apple 2g iphone. I used that for over a year and a half- even when the 3g came out, i kept my 2g. it did everything i wanted well/quickly.

about 2 weeks ago, some friends kept telling me to switch to bb, just to get bbm and chat with them during the day. i went into the store without much research (i'm currently located in hong kong) and the deal was 1k mins/ultd data/free bold for around 50usd a mo (2yr contract). sold-AH!

the iphone just did everything quickly/well...no need to go into multiple menus to do something- just hit home button and hit new program. very easy to navigate. It also has the best email viewing and internet viewing bar-none. 'it just works'! also- the music player is great, afterall, it is an ipod.

i've had the bb for 2 weeks- the os doesn't seem as stable, it has a million options most of which i won't use, the battery is on par with the iphone. but- i find myself actually wanting to write emails! i'm always connected through bbm/msn/gchat etc...and obviously the fbook client is always updating. take away the connectivity of these, and i'd probably want to go back to the iphone, but since it has all of these, and i'm always on the move, it's good for me to keep in touch with friends (esp. since i have friends both here and back home in the states)

so- that's my mini review- i'd say it's a toss up between the two- the bold has def. brought bb on the iphone's playing field- so much so that an iphone lover like myself has moved over to bb!

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    my suggestion is to go to the stores and play with them. its the only way to determine what you like best. most of the people chiming in on what they like may or may not be the same feelings you have. there may be one we have not mentioned or like...but you love it.

so step away from the keyboard, put on your hat and gloves, and shimmy down to your nearest phone shop for a evening of fun and adventure
    Very true... but there are some things you can't find out about by handling them but usually find out about after having them for a couple of weeks/months. I like to make an informed decision about features etc and what is most value for money considering my needs. When I'm down to one or two - I then go down to the store and check out what they are like up close.

Besides - I don't think it's gloves whether...
    Last edited by Myrona; 24-06-2009 at 03:01 PM.

oh, and yes. i think the keyboard is fine on the iphone- i was able to type using both thumbs and for the most part without looking. buuut..once i got on the bb bold, i realized what was missing...i don't mind typing full length emails now...it just works...easier!

With the blackberry bold I actually use it to watch TV episodes and listen to my music on it, the screen quality for movies is much better than the iphone and the sound quality is pretty top notch...

I would recommend the blackberry bold and just upgrade to a 16gb mini SD card....

oh, and finaly- the music player on the blackberry isn't an ipod but it's close. there is a desktop program to sync with itunes- you use the volume button to go fwd/back (not as good as the remote on the headset, but decent trade off), and i bought an 8gb micro SD card for around 200bucks and voila- i have a music player as well now.

Quote Originally Posted by AW2007:
    With the blackberry bold I actually use it to watch TV episodes and listen to my music on it, the screen quality for movies is much better than the iphone and the sound quality is pretty top notch...
    ummm...are you thinking before you write? the BB Bold screen is 1/2 the size of the iphone screen, yet you are saying the screen quality is better?

You don't have to compromise. How about running the iPhone UI and Blackberry-Connect on the Sony p990. :-D

[url=http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support/softwaredownloads/detailed/blackberryconnect/p990i?lc=en&cc=gb]Sony Ericsson P990i - BlackBerry

or you can boot Ubuntu if you are bored
    http://www.intomobile.com/2007/04/19/sony-ericsson-p990i-running-ubuntu.html

or Windows 3.11 if you are feeling nostalgic.
    http://forums.se-nse.net/index.php?showtopic=39641

Last edited by hk.com; 24-06-2009 at 03:27 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast