iphone vs blackberry

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    iphone has push email working flawlessly with supported providers (damn you gmail). they also have exchange support for those businesses that use that. most people will be fine with these 2 options for business emails.

the difference between physical keypad and touchkeys is a personal decision. it takes a little getting used to, but in the end they are really both super easy to use but will depend on girth of fingers, and the amount of time you spend "sneak typing" as someone mentioned.

as for the functions....iphone kills all competition with its app store. other shops like pre and android are getting started now, and soon they will be serious contenders. but until they do..iphone still pwns. BB is left very far back in the dust here.

i think we all get the point now to ignore KelliC, who is apparently mentally handicapped and can only identify people based on the phone they carry.
    apple fanboy getting mad. lol. btw you seem like a little p.

Quote Originally Posted by KelliC:
    i am a apple user...but hardly a fanboy. you might notice that if you had read my post mentioning facts and logic, instead of spewing hate-mongering and homophobia

and mad? ha... boring trolls like you could hardly get a rise out of me
    Last edited by BenderBends; 26-06-2009 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KelliC:
    KelliC, you are quite an amusing wind up merchant.

The irony is you probably actually own an Iphone.

i heard that in hong kong, the unlimited blackberry plans aren't really "unlimited"

i heard that they charge you differently for browsing and downloading.
    but that can also be because the person that told me works for CSL and wants me to join that instead of smartone which has an unlimited data plan.

anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    Disappointed with the lack of progress with Symbian and only 3.6Mbps 3G speed (Nokia this is your flagship - WTF are you doing?).
    How does this compare with the iphone?

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    i am a apple user...but hardly a fanboy. you might notice that if you had read my post mentioning facts and logic, instead of spewing hate-mongering and homophobia

and mad? ha... boring trolls like you could hardly get a rise out of me
    keep it up fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Myrona:
    How does this compare with the iphone?
    Browsing speed is pretty similar although iPhone does pip the Nokia - more to do with the browser than anything else. The native Nokia browser isn't particularly good anyway. For web browsing there isn't really anything that can touch the iPhone.

What sort of email are you wanting to view? Personal? Work? Via a dedicated server or via IMAP / POP?

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    What sort of email are you wanting to view? Personal? Work? Via a dedicated server or via IMAP / POP?
    Both. I have the usual pop/web emails like gmail and yahoo but I also have the work one which is Microsoft Exchange.

Just on a side note - what is the difference between IMAP & POP?

Quote Originally Posted by Myrona:
    Both. I have the usual pop/web emails like gmail and yahoo but I also have the work one which is Microsoft Exchange.

Just on a side note - what is the difference between IMAP & POP?
    imap is leaving everything on server, and only loads recent messages on your phone. if you delete or move emails on your phone, they will be adjusted accordingly on the server (gmail).

pop is downloading all messages directly to your phone. what you do on your phone has no relation to the organization of the server messages. so if you delete on your phone, its still on the server. (unless you choose to delete messages after downloading via POP).

imap is generally easier and better to use so that you do not have to organize on several machines and servers. Once a message is filed on any 1 of server, computer, or phone ... it will be organized on all other devices at same time automatically.

but POP is fine if you are only using 1 machine, and dont need to clean up the server at all.
    Last edited by BenderBends; 29-06-2009 at 12:12 PM.

As Bender mentioned POP mail downloads the whole mail from the server including attachments which makes it slow. IMAP leaves the mail on the server and you are viewing the mail from the server. So no slow down with attachments. Also folders are synchronised meaning you can send a mail from one device or create a new folder and that will be shown on another device as well. Works more like an Exchange server.

iPhone supports Exchange, IMAP and POP as well as push mail. So does the N97. BB requires an Enterprise server or a BB plan. If you have no Enterprise mail server that supports BB then do you want to pay for a BB plan? It's all up to you!

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast