iphone vs blackberry

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

iphone vs blackberry

I wrote something as part of another thread but I thought I'd start a new one...

I've been thinking lately about getting a smartphone (to check email on the go) as well as needing to get another mp3 player (maybe an ipod). I originally was thinking about getting a blackberry and an itouch but recently have been finding that maybe I should get an iphone instead (which is basically both of those things in one)... but which is better - a blackberry (& mp3 player) or an iphone?

Last edited by Myrona; 23-06-2009 at 05:21 PM.

I cannot deal with the iphone for sending emails. The screen is next to impossible to type on, specially on the bus or in a moving vehicle.

The iphone screen is great.... but other than that, it really really does not offer any significant advantage over a querty phone (phone with a proper keyboard)... and yes before someone jumps on me, I've been using 3.0 for several weeks.

i would highly disagree with shri on this one. i find the iphone extremely easy to type with, and the autocorrection comes in handy for typing on the go, normally correcting everything the right way.

iphone has lots of advantages between the app store, the hacked store, the screen, the gui, and misc features.
    BB is also good for some users, although i do not like it very much. Ive only played around with the Bold, which i thought was trash, however the storm looked kind of nice.

in the end, it depends on you, your fingers, and what you can get used to easily. some people swear by apple, some swear by rim. i suggest going to a store and play with them.

i will say one point...to me, carrying 1 device is better then 2, and especially when the iphone would be half the size of BB + iTouch.

If you intend on using the Iphone as your sole mp3 player then no I would not recommend it especially if you're going to be using it at the gym, Its just too clunky and not convenient to have strapped to your arm.

For everything else then I certainly would recommend it and I just can't seem to get along with Blackberries.

I have recently bought a seperate MP3 player which is the new Sony x series and I love it and sound quality is much better than the Iphone and I use the Iphone now for calls etc and the internet and for playing games, The MP3 side of it is now pretty much redundant.

Last edited by jimbo; 23-06-2009 at 05:21 PM.

i have mp3's on my Blackberry and its fine, taking pictures is great (bright flash), blackberry messenger is great if ur mates have BB as well, actual qwerty keyboard is much better to use, I tried using my misses i-phone, maybe i have chubby fingers but once in a while kept getting the wrong letter.

i heard the iphone 3gs is more than 9.5K (inferior goods). What about the real one?

if you want phone for messaging, blackberry all the way, its email support is by far the best out there. however blackberry tariffs are also more expensive, so be warned for that.

the iphone ui is great (and i used to be an apple hater). the thing can do lots of things and the webrowing is second to none.

its messaging support is ok, but its the apps that does set it apart from the other smartphones.

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends
    i would highly disagree with shri on this one. i find the iphone extremely easy to type with, and the autocorrection comes in handy for typing on the go, normally correcting everything the right way.

iphone has lots of advantages between the app store, the hacked store, the screen, the gui, and misc features.
    BB is also good for some users, although i do not like it very much. Ive only played around with the Bold, which i thought was trash, however the storm looked kind of nice.

in the end, it depends on you, your fingers, and what you can get used to easily. some people swear by apple, some swear by rim. i suggest going to a store and play with them.

i will say one point...to me, carrying 1 device is better then 2, and especially when the iphone would be half the size of BB + iTouch.

can you type while not looking at the screen and walking at the same time, ( if your office does not allow you to use your phone, covertly text while appearing to do work) you can do that on a blackberry, keypad phone, but is it possible without no tactile feedback on a touchscreen, whether it's nokia 5800, samsung h8800 or iphone?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    If you intend on using the Iphone as your sole mp3 player then no I would not recommend it especially if you're going to be using it at the gym, Its just too clunky and not convenient to have strapped to your arm.

For everything else then I certainly would recommend it and I just can't seem to get along with Blackberries.

I have recently bought a seperate MP3 player which is the new Sony x series and I love it and sound quality is much better than the Iphone and I use the Iphone now for calls etc and the internet and for playing games, The MP3 side of it is now pretty much redundant.
    yeah, for pure sound quality sony nwz-x10xx is above all pmp/mp3 players as the sound is unrivalled due to s- class digital amp, noise cancellation, etc...

can't wait to get mine sent from uk, cos it's actually more expensive in hk than uk, 179 quid against HK$2700

i test it last night at my mate's one

>> no tactile feedback

I tend to look at the screen while typing and not the keyboard .. this is what messes me up... AND not having the number keys on the same keyboard.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast