Slow network performance on 3 for Iphone users?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

See.... I don't get this.

Better Camera? So are you saying the old camera was shite?

More memory? Were you running out of memory? As in Apple did not put 'nuff memory in the six month old 3G phone?

Faster processor? Since when has the iPhone been a CPU hog? It is by far the fastest phone I've seen .. (on 3.0 and 3.1 beta)

Compass? Hmm .... ok .... I guess if you walked around with a compass all day and needed to reduce your pocket clutter you could go out and spend $5-8K on this.

I'm glad I remain a Luddite in some ways...

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    See.... I don't get this.

Better Camera? So are you saying the old camera was shite?

More memory? Were you running out of memory? As in Apple did not put 'nuff memory in the six month old 3G phone?

Faster processor? Since when has the iPhone been a CPU hog? It is by far the fastest phone I've seen .. (on 3.0 and 3.1 beta)

Compass? Hmm .... ok .... I guess if you walked around with a compass all day and needed to reduce your pocket clutter you could go out and spend $5-8K on this.

I'm glad I remain a Luddite in some ways...
    Heh, you are sounding like KelliC, Shri......

Quote Originally Posted by victorminC
    Well PCCW mobile has a great plan for iPhone 3Gs, $198 a month, 1000 basic + 600 intra minutes plus unlimited 3G data (fine print: no tethering) and mobile phone wi-fi. 12-month contract.

Although the service is capped at 1.8Mbps but it's still good speed for a phone (225KB/s), I've never seen my iPhone downloading that fast anyway.
    That tariff sounds great, however can't seem to find it on the pccw mobile website, could you post the link?

Quote Originally Posted by pin
    That tariff sounds great, however can't seem to find it on the pccw mobile website, could you post the link?
    I don't know why but it's not on the website yet (I heard it's on reactive basis only), but if you like you can contact me directly.

<snip>
    Last edited by shri; 09-07-2009 at 01:17 PM. Reason: no soliciting please....

Shri.... it has nothing to do with being a slave to apple, but rather a slave to technology. I know apple hater like to claim otherwise, but it's no different then when a new PC or Nokia or SE phone comes out. if it's got better specs then what you currently have then different people will lust after different features.

the 3GS has a faster processor to load games and apps and webpages faster, in some cases a lot faster. just like when a new CPU is released in PC world.

camera was not shite in previous model, but when a better quality camera is released people always want it.

the storage has doubled. just like any other storage device, people need more space for pron.

so... if you like to upgrade as fast as possible, then you'll do like others and crave the latest iPhone. if you could care less about upgrading, then don't. but in a tech talk... you can't say that the 3GS has no new features. the features just may not be what you were looking for in an upgrade, while others might.

me personally ... I'm only interested in a speed bump, I'm waiting to see the cost before I dean it worth it. I do the same with any piece of tech
    Posted via Mobile Device

We spoke to our account manager and sent them a stroppy e-mail to complain and lo and behold they've fixed the service and its working fine with no disconnections, None in 4 hrs continous use.

So we'll how that goes.

victor - we do not allow sales pitches and soliciting in the forum. This rule applies to all ... even our advertisers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2