Slow network performance on 3 for Iphone users?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Slow network performance on 3 for Iphone users?

Quite a few of us in my office are suffering from performance issues on our Iphones on the 3 network. We're based In Taikoo area and was wondering if other users had the same issues as us?

Was going to upgrade to the 3GS but not if it means suffering from poor network performance thus will consider getting it offline and going with another service provider.

Same for me, I have iPhone with 3 and I've been getting terrible data speeds and frequent disconnects (only data though, no complains for voice), I think there's something wrong with the cell site in the area.

I live in Quarry Bay close to Taikoo Place.

I think it must be area specific, been browsing and picking up email and attachments quite easily while traveling today even on MTR. Mainly been in Wanchai and TST areas and speed has been fine even on image heavy sites.

Thanks Guys, It might be and also this has been happening for the past few weeks, The performance on my USB 3G modem has also been terrible and its constantly disconnecting, Three of my colleagues also have the same issues.

I have contacted 3 to see what they can do about it so its a question of wait and see.

i believe it is an issue with 3 network, not the iphone specifically. Friends of mine using 3G on 3 (not iphone) are also complaining about speed issues, disconnects, etc....all on data only.

i have the same issues in random spots on my iphone.

im told the best 3G network for speed:reliability:coverage is CSL.
    However if its only speed you are after then you can go with Smartone since they are the fastest 3G speeds, but they dont have as good of coverage as CSL.

3 is known as the worst 3G network in HK...but i dont know. Its certainly better then my previous 2G data plans

Last edited by BenderBends; 07-07-2009 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends
    i have the same issues in random spots on my iphone.

im told the best 3G network for speed:reliability:coverage is CSL.
    However if its only speed you are after then you can go with Smartone since they are the fastest 3G speeds, but they dont have as good of coverage as CSL.
    Considering getting a 3GS offline and then getting a new contract with CSL 1010 with their 7.2 mbs dataplan instead and just let the 3 contracts run down. Smartones dataplans are expensive though sadly.

3G [Iphone] on 3 network very poor service. PCCWMobile seems better..Voice call gets disconnected at least three times when I travel by MTR from Tsing Yi to Hong Kong Station..

Quote Originally Posted by ghkg
    3G [Iphone] on 3 network very poor service. PCCWMobile seems better..Voice call gets disconnected at least three times when I travel by MTR from Tsing Yi to Hong Kong Station..
    Well PCCW mobile has a great plan for iPhone 3Gs, $198 a month, 1000 basic + 600 intra minutes plus unlimited 3G data (fine print: no tethering) and mobile phone wi-fi. 12-month contract.

Although the service is capped at 1.8Mbps but it's still good speed for a phone (225KB/s), I've never seen my iPhone downloading that fast anyway.

Great .. I was spending close to 500 a month of unlimited data. Kept bugging PCCW for some offer or incentive to stay with them, no response. Now that I've switched to 3.... they come up with what looks like a plan.

By the way, I know you Apple slaves want the latest... but seriously, what does the 3GS phone offer? A new font? A slightly larger logo? Or wait .. does it really offer something new that you would REALLY use?

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    By the way, I know you Apple slaves want the latest... but seriously, what does the 3GS phone offer? A new font? A slightly larger logo? Or wait .. does it really offer something new that you would REALLY use?
    Better camera, More Memory and a faster processor and a Compass!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast