iPhone alternative plans to 3?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by victorminC
    Well but the problem is same with 3G, even for 2G you don't reach the top speed either, with 3G you get around ~1.5Mbps (180KB/s) download most of the time, and with 2G (EDGE) you get ~200Kbps (25KB/s).

And an unlimited 3G voice + data plan doesn't cost that much, they run for less than $200 these days, I personally think it's a waste of the iPhone 3G/3GS using it on a 2G plan, why not just get the 1st gen iPhone?

can u show me one or two 3G data plan that have unlimited data and also below $200 ,which also allow tethering?

also People doesn't force u to sign a contract, therefore u can switch anytime.
    Last edited by helloword232; 12-07-2009 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by helloword232
    can u show me one or two 3G data plan that have unlimited data and also below $200 ,which also allow tethering?

also People doesn't force u to sign a contract, therefore u can switch anytime.

There's no unlimited 3G data service that does not require a contract.
    And there's no unlimited 3G data service under $200 that allows tethering

thanks !I guess for I will go with Peoples until one of the HK carrier offers such service....

i wonder if peoples offer tethering

Last edited by helloword232; 12-07-2009 at 10:00 PM.

L-X

Quote Originally Posted by victorminC
    There's no unlimited 3G data service that does not require a contract.
    And there's no unlimited 3G data service under $200 that allows tethering
    Actually, I joined the unlimited data for Blackberries, and because I had a phone, I didn't need to sign a contract!

im not sure if its 3.0 or just 3HK's 3G service...but last few days my internet usage on iphone has been crawling slow and super unresponsive.

sxc

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends
    im not sure if its 3.0 or just 3HK's 3G service...but last few days my internet usage on iphone has been crawling slow and super unresponsive.
    I wonder if it's just all those new iphone owners causing the network to slow down.

I'm getting an unlocked 3gs tomorrow then heading over to Smartone to sign up. Because I'm moving my number over from PCCW, I can get on a plan that costs $68 per month for the phone part and $28 for internet 600MB per month. The roaming rates look pretty good. It doesn't have any wifi, but we're PCCW netvigator customers and I just want to make sure that the 3gs will automatically click over to PCCW wifi even if I'm on a Smartone/Vodaphone plan. Can someone answer this? Thanks!

This may be a dumb question, but I am completely unashamed of my ignorance! Well maybe a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by trocadero
    I'm getting an unlocked 3gs tomorrow then heading over to Smartone to sign up. Because I'm moving my number over from PCCW, I can get on a plan that costs $68 per month for the phone part and $28 for internet 600MB per month. The roaming rates look pretty good. It doesn't have any wifi, but we're PCCW netvigator customers and I just want to make sure that the 3gs will automatically click over to PCCW wifi even if I'm on a Smartone/Vodaphone plan. Can someone answer this? Thanks!

This may be a dumb question, but I am completely unashamed of my ignorance! Well maybe a bit.
    I've not done it, but should be no problem. iphones are wifi agnostic. They will sign on to any given network that you have the login credentials for.

How long of a contract will you have to get that deal at PCCW?

The deal is with Smartone and it's for 15 months. There's also a ceiling on the data of $298 per month in case things go crazy, but as I will probably only use it lightly, through the Safari browser, I'm sure I'll stay within the 600MB. There is one issue though - it's 20MB per day, and it does NOT carry over from day to day. That's written in the fine print and the sales consultant made sure she emphasized that. Beyond the 20MB per day its $15 per 15MB and that is cumulative over the month.

Quote Originally Posted by trocadero
    The deal is with Smartone and it's for 15 months. There's also a ceiling on the data of $298 per month in case things go crazy, but as I will probably only use it lightly, through the Safari browser, I'm sure I'll stay within the 600MB. There is one issue though - it's 20MB per day, and it does NOT carry over from day to day. That's written in the fine print and the sales consultant made sure she emphasized that. Beyond the 20MB per day its $15 per 15MB and that is cumulative over the month.
    Sounds good if you don't use map or applications a lot. I think I will go with PCCW's unlimited 3G plan because I rarely use browser, and being used to AT&T's unlimited plan, I am spoiled.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast