iPhone alternative plans to 3?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

md what are the most common apps which work independently of safari? I am a bit scared that I might incur non-safari data charges accidentally.
    I know maps do, but I've heard that there isn't much map-support available for Hong Kong, only google maps. If that's true, it would be through safari, wouldn't it?
    I would appreciate any input. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by trocadero
    md what are the most common apps which work independently of safari? I am a bit scared that I might incur non-safari data charges accidentally.
    I know maps do, but I've heard that there isn't much map-support available for Hong Kong, only google maps. If that's true, it would be through safari, wouldn't it?
    I would appreciate any input. Thanks.
    I think most Apps these days use some data download/upload, I read news and all news appls definitely download data. But as long as you don't open them, you won't incur any data charge.
    As for maps, I'm using the build-in map app from iphone. It's easier to use the locator to find my current location than to search on google map each time.
    By the way, how much is a new 3gs without contract these days? I'm worried that if I go to smartone or pccw with my current 3g iphone and I lose the phone, I will have to get a new iphone without contract.

I agree - many apps use internet connectivity these days. If you are outside wifi access a lot, I can see how it would be pretty easy to regularly exceed 20MB per day. A contract-free 3Gs starts at $5,388 from Apple.

Thanks, both of you. I think I might go unlimited now.

Quote Originally Posted by trocadero
    Thanks, both of you. I think I might go unlimited now.
    Just joined Smartone today, figure it's a small price to pay for the better network quality. Plan is 68+28+30 a month, and $15/15M for data.

sxc

Quote Originally Posted by md23
    Just joined Smartone today, figure it's a small price to pay for the better network quality. Plan is 68+28+30 a month, and $15/15M for data.
    What's the $30 you pay?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by sxc
    What's the $30 you pay?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    For the unlimited use of pop3/imap email.

L-X

Damn, these plans seem like a much better deal I pay for the unlimited BlackBerry plan...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5