iPhone alternative plans to 3?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

iPhone alternative plans to 3?

Hey all, I'm going to pick up a new iPhone 3gs out of contract from the apple store.

What are my other carrier options besides just 3 - which I hear has terrible service + pricing?

Thanks for the help in advance, I've been impressed by some of the convo on here so far!

im told by most of the locals:
    CSL 3G is the most reliable and largest coverage, and the speed is 2nd best

Smartone 3G is the fastest, but is slightly less reliable and even less coverage

Three 3G is a little slower then CSL, and coverage/reliability is similar to Smartone or slightly less

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends
    im told by most of the locals:
    CSL 3G is the most reliable and largest coverage, and the speed is 2nd best

Smartone 3G is the fastest, but is slightly less reliable and even less coverage

Three 3G is a little slower then CSL, and coverage/reliability is similar to Smartone or slightly less
    Thanks for the info.

Anyone have an idea about pricings/value specifics? Which plans do you all use. Trying to avoid the poor prices and service of 3.

Need something with an actual data allowance and not just browsing. Unlimited may be too much - but prob need at least 300 or 400mb a month.

Thanks again!

I am on a 298/month plan with 3 - which includes 500MB data (not restricted to browsing).

Had used PCCW with the iPhone - no problems either. Not sure what their plans are .. but I'm sure you'll get a PM or two advising you of special offers from their sales guys who frequent this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    I am on a 298/month plan with 3 - which includes 500MB data (not restricted to browsing).

Had used PCCW with the iPhone - no problems either. Not sure what their plans are .. but I'm sure you'll get a PM or two advising you of special offers from their sales guys who frequent this forum.
    shri, any idea if the unlimited data plan is usable for laptop tethering?

btw csl's website has no description of plans/pricing that I could find

wayland - my sales guy at 3 said "no problems". But we're on a corporate package deal. Check with your sales person. I would see no reason why it should be restricted if you're on a data plan.

for CSL you actually need to go to 1010 CSL website:

1O1O

I believe the other CSL brands (New World and 1,2,Free) are lower quality.

where can I buy an unlocked IPhone3gs

I checked BroadView and some apple authorized dealers in Central, and they all said they dont have it now

Anyone know where we can buy one right now instead of ordering online and waiting for 2days+?

Quote Originally Posted by helloword232
    I checked BroadView and some apple authorized dealers in Central, and they all said they dont have it now

Anyone know where we can buy one right now instead of ordering online and waiting for 2days+?
    what makes you think +2days? apple store says 24hrs

Quote Originally Posted by wayland
    what makes you think +2days? apple store says 24hrs

so are you saying if I order now, I will get it before tommorrow 12:30pm??
    Last edited by helloword232; 10-07-2009 at 12:28 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast