Where to buy unlocked Iphone 3GS

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Quote Originally Posted by tarzan007:
    I am sorry if this is out of context, but I need to understand a basic thing wrt iPhone 3gs plans from 3 network and smartfone - "buying iPhone with contract" means that the iPhone is LOCKED?
    In HK the iphones are unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by koziakauzu:
    can someone explain me why an iphone (brand new 3G/3Gs) is more expensive on yahoo auctions than on the official Apple shop?

around over 500-1000HK$ (even more for some sellers), I understand you have to wait few days after ordering from apple shop... but same with yahoo sellers, most of them treat you like sh*t, don't wanna make it at 1 MTR station further, etc... and I would feel more safe with real retailer.. even if I bought a lot of stuff through Y!A

I know people in HK are full of money, but when they are ready to be stuck in traffic jam for 1 hour in order to save 5 dollars, to kill a taxi driver for $1 missing, or to go to the far north of HK to save $10 on a memory card, I don't get it...
    They are cheaper because they are locked. On top of it I don't think that you have any warranty on them.

Quote Originally Posted by elle:
    They are cheaper because they are locked. On top of it I don't think that you have any warranty on them.
    Huh?

Apple store Iphones are not locked, The Yahoo auction ones are more expensive as mentioned by previous poster.

Oooopsi should learn to read more carefully...

>> I've only played with my new toy for two hours and I already hate it.

Welcome to iReality.

After a week it is not getting much better.
    Tried to use it on speaker phone today for a conf call, useless.
    Did I mention this was an impulse purchase?
    Totally my own fault but I can't believe how lacking it is in functions that most people would expect, indeed have become used to as standard in other phones for more than five years.
    Maybe I should just put it up for sale online for $6,400, seems that there are worse suckers than me born every minute.

dot.zen

Dot.Zen The NYTimes, Bloomberg and Wall Street Journal apps do make up for the various weakpoints (dozens and dozens of them....)

Quote Originally Posted by dot.zen:
    After a week it is not getting much better.
    Tried to use it on speaker phone today for a conf call, useless.
    Did I mention this was an impulse purchase?
    Totally my own fault but I can't believe how lacking it is in functions that most people would expect, indeed have become used to as standard in other phones for more than five years.
    Maybe I should just put it up for sale online for $6,400, seems that there are worse suckers than me born every minute.

dot.zen
    everyones entitles to their own opinion/taste...but im just confused as to what you were "expecting" it to do.....and what is missing that you have had for 5 years on other phones?

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    everyones entitles to their own opinion/taste...but im just confused as to what you were "expecting" it to do.....and what is missing that you have had for 5 years on other phones?
    Me too ... husband's arrived yesterday (a few days early) so we are about to find out for ourselves....

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4