PCCW PROBLEMS

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

You should be sorry, to just spout off like that - but apology accepted.

Next time -- please take time to investigate other similar posts on this subject and you may see things in a more circumspect light.

My comment of " up to " is valid. In PCCW terms and conditions ( the very very small print ) they state they do not guarantee quoted speeds and the amount stated is UP TO. Or words to that effect.

There are many many threads on Geoexpat explaining that.

FYI - I am a customer OF but do not work FOR --- PCCW. I have an 8m line and sometimes its fast, sometimes its not. Even the much vaunted HKBB 100M service can be slow as a snail if you care to search for reports here. No one is perfect - Its a fact of life and -- advertising.

I also don't think it's a problem only PCCW have. This is a common gripe in the UK with numerous providers.

I think PCCW contractual terms and general level of service leaves alot to be desired - not just internet, but NOW tv too. So I have sympathy for the OP (especially now he's calmed down) but hard to see he can do anything given their general inflexibility.

I can't wait to read the next thread on whether the next Geo member should be choosing the 8Mbit or 30Mbit PCCW package.

I think one thing people tend to forget is that no matter how fast your download speed is heralded to be, the website you're browsing or downloading from may only be serving UP a tiny fraction of your down speed. That's the real bottleneck I'm afraid.

Incidentally, I have PCCW's 30mbit line and their test site shows about 23mbit; the only time I've seen such downloading speeds was when I downloaded Ubuntu OS from their website, the entire ISO in just a few minutes

Last edited by Blueman; 07-09-2009 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Update

Which part, seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by tonikwok:
    PCCW has new one number customer service call, dial 1000...but is not go to change its suck service a bit.
    Now I am asking this as a legitimate question, not just so people can spout off a load of sarcastic remarks.

What part/s of PCCW suck? I am serious to know because I'm thinking about joining their mobile service. I have their land line and Netvigator already and never had any problems, except when roadworks trashed the cable underground once.
    Last edited by Blueman; 08-09-2009 at 07:05 PM. Reason: spelling