Like Tree4Likes

mobile data plans

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JaredHK:
    umm no. They have an unlimited plan for $168 if you bring in your own device. I think this is a very new promo. Just called the TST branch and they confirm that its a 24 month contract.
    My bad, you are indeed correct:

Unlimited Email $168/month

However seems to suggest 12 month contract, see the terms at the bottom of the link.

Solly!!!!

Thanks. That looks even more attractive. Might stop by tomorrow and see what their deals are on blackberry devices

Quote Originally Posted by rockchu2:
    Does the unlimited Email plan allows to open attachments? Pin, just found out you can add $50 in your SmarTone plan to get modem access.
    Yep, know about the HK$50 thing, however I don't think it its unlimited tethering.

Re the attachment thing, sorry I'm not China Mobile CS, but I think it does.

Note the following in relation to the plan. It seems to be ONLY for email usage, subject to at 50MB a month "fair usage policy".

Also, remember an additional HK$12 a month tunnel fee.

Further, to download apps and use the browser, you are charged at China Mobile prevailing data rates.

One thing I'd like to add to the Smartone plan that sealed the deal for me: Cancellation fee--ONLY $500 HKD!

Some of the other carriers charge up to $3500 HKD if you want to cancel early...this may/may not be important to some of you in case you find that service is less than stellar where you live/work, slow connections, etc...

eddie.

p.s. unlimited data + slingbox mobile on iphone = priceless =)

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie J;:

eddie.

p.s. unlimited data + slingbox mobile on iphone = priceless =)
    I agree. Although you need to use 'unorthodox' methods to get sling to work on your iPhone via 3G. But it works great on smartone.
    Posted via Mobile Device

deleteduser

Where is this $238/month plan at Smartone? Looking at their 3G Data Plan page, the unlimited 3G plan is $488 per month PLUS you need a $128 voice plan PLUS requires a 12 month subscription

Nevermind, found it. These sites are retarded.

Last edited by deleteduser; 27-08-2009 at 01:51 PM.

Is this what your looking for?

Price plans - Hot offers

I guess I should add the new SmarTone plan for the iphone/HTC Magic/HTC Hero:

Smartone Vodafone - special plan for Iphone/HTC Magic/HTC Hero
    $398 (+ $12 tunnel fee +$36 compulsary VAS) a month
    Unlimited 3g (HSDPA - up to 14.4Mbps, however I have been told, but I haven't verified this, that you have to request such speeds otherwise the default is 7.2Mbps) BTW if you are out of 3G reception, then speeds will drop down to GPRS at up to 80kbit/s
    24 month contract
    1,800 inter & 1,500 intra calling
    You will be rebated the cost of purchasing an Iphone 3GS (need to show proof of purchase from an Apple authorised dealer), HTC Magic or HTC Hero with this tariff

Posted via Mobile Device

Just switched to One2Free and for $360 all in, I get 200mb of 3G, unlimited HSDPA on a usb modem at 3.6mbps and around 1500 mins. I don't really do anything heavy on my HTC--that's what my netbook is for--so the bundle worked out perfectly for me.
    Posted via Mobile Device