More Apple Insanity

Closed Thread

So you're trying to blame Apple because they sent you instructions which you didn't read?

If you're unregistered applecare is about to expire and your iphone never required servicing within that time period, consider yourself lucky that you're getting your money back.

FWIW, don't complain about the little type...they use small fonts to save on courier/shipping costs

Sounds familiar. I had my iPhone 3G for a full year without a scratch. Didn't extend the warranty. 368 days after purchase, the phone drops to the granite floor.

Lovely. Still works, but whoever I speak too sounds like someone out of 'District 9'...

Quote Originally Posted by Master:
    Sounds familiar. I had my iPhone 3G for a full year without a scratch. Didn't extend the warranty. 368 days after purchase, the phone drops to the granite floor.
    AppleCare isn't going to cover that in any case. Accidental damage insurance would, but that's a different thing.
    Last edited by PDLM; 06-10-2009 at 05:12 PM.

Original Post Deleted
    It's not the small type I'm having trouble with...it's your method of rambling.

Are you complaining about:

1. Not registering your AppleCare
    2. Getting a redundant email

My post was addressing #1. If it's #2 that is causing you so much distress, you need to get out more

well....i have seen this happen at other companies too, its a simple mistake that is bound to happen in database or mailing errors (human or machine) among the millions of buyers out there.

to get this worked up about it is a bit much...
    also, I have had similar things happen to me in the past once or twice. I found that a simple call to the service people, and discussing with them in a pleasant mood lends to help it get resolved much quicker, and they tend to allow for the warranty renewal to still take place. I also notice that many people who call up bitching and screaming and declaring the apocalypse tend to get different less successful results.

edit:

once you leave the store it has to go to apple.
    3HK staff should look over the phone with you, and you examine it for any noticeable defects. if none, you sign a slip, and they register it to your name immediately online. then you can leave the shop.

Last edited by BenderBends; 07-10-2009 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    AppleCare isn't going to cover that in any case. Accidental damage insurance would, but that's a different thing.

You're right. I know. But although it dropped, there's not a visible mark to suggest it did. But clearly something is wrong with the speaker. So, if I had AppleCare still, I'm sure pretty sure I'd get a new one at the service centre if I showed up with proper intimidation techniques.

You're right. I know. But although it dropped, there's not a visible mark to suggest it did. But clearly something is wrong with the speaker. So, if I had AppleCare still, I'm sure pretty sure I'd get a new one at the service centre if I showed up with proper intimidation techniques.
    Hmmm! I wonder if Apple have been smart enough to record peak shock loads with the inbuilt 'g' sensor?

Before you get a new one they will send it for inspection. And although there might not be any visible trace of the shock outside, technicians will no doubt find out you dropped it when they examine the speaker, don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Partyanimal:
    Before you get a new one they will send it for inspection. And although there might not be any visible trace of the shock outside, technicians will no doubt find out you dropped it when they examine the speaker, don't you think?
    Probably.. But hey, it would be worth a try wouldn't it?