iPhone/Bluetooth question

Closed Thread

iPhone/Bluetooth question

So I have an iPhone. This thing plays music. Great. Problem is, I don't like wires. I deal with them because I have to. This brings me to my question: is there a bluetooth earpiece that has the ability to link with the iPhone and play music? Can the iPhone even play music through a bluetooth device or does it need an adapter? This evening at Fortress I saw a bluetooth device that said it played music, but it had about a meter of wire on it, which is just about a useless as earphones and a few hundred more expensive. My ideal would be to have a single bluetooth earpiece that plays music and can be used for phone conversations, just like the earbuds that came with the phone except wireless. Can this be done?

Of course. iPhone has always supported Bluetooth and OS3.0 and beyond supports Bluetooth stereo. So all BT stereo headphones should work.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for that, but I'm not interested in headphones just a single earpiece. Also, I didn't say this earlier but I have an older iPhone with an older OS (2.0 I think). Could this still work? Or do I have to take it back to Mong Kok and have it updated and re-hacked? As you can see I don't really know about these things.

Last edited by Mark II; 01-10-2009 at 08:15 AM.

I would doubt that you will find a single earpiece unit with the function to stream music continuously.

Something like this may fit the bill:

Quote Originally Posted by Mark II:
    So I have an iPhone. This thing plays music. Great. Problem is, I don't like wires. I deal with them because I have to. This brings me to my question: is there a bluetooth earpiece that has the ability to link with the iPhone and play music? Can the iPhone even play music through a bluetooth device or does it need an adapter? This evening at Fortress I saw a bluetooth device that said it played music, but it had about a meter of wire on it, which is just about a useless as earphones and a few hundred more expensive. My ideal would be to have a single bluetooth earpiece that plays music and can be used for phone conversations, just like the earbuds that came with the phone except wireless. Can this be done?
    I have a Bluetooth unit just like that. It's tiny and has no wires, and allows me to use any headphones with it to make and receive calls (it has a built-in mic). Should be around $300 at computer malls in HK.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stereo-Wireless-...3286.m20.l1116
    Last edited by jayinhongkong; 01-10-2009 at 09:36 AM.

Do you have a iPhone 3G? If you have the original iPhone you won't be able to stream music ever so give up now.

Otherwise have a look at this Sony Ericsson - Products - Accessories - Overview - HBH-IS800
    Posted via Mobile Device

The following is a reply from my 13year old who knows everything about IPhones.
    go the following website for a cordless headset which works as a bluetooth as well

This headset will work good for you as it contains zero wires and as it plays music and as it has a stylish look.You can buy it at apple.com in the iphone accessories section with a whole lot of other bluetooth headsets.
    regrading your 2nd question . I will be checking if there's a unlock /jailbreak for the 3.1 OS. B'cos even if you update in Mongkok, your Iphone OS will immediately jump to 3.1 software.

go to apple.com>seacrh for plantronicsdiscovery925 bluetooth headset.
    or you can google for the same .

Quote Originally Posted by sxc:
    Do you have a iPhone 3G? If you have the original iPhone you won't be able to stream music ever so give up now.

Otherwise have a look at this Sony Ericsson - Products - Accessories - Overview - HBH-IS800
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Actually might be best not to get this headset as there are problems changing volume on an iPhone.
    Posted via Mobile Device