It happened again - mobile lost in taxi... :-(

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I once found a double transaction for an internet purchase and AMEX refunded it no questions asked.

They are really good about consumer protection. It is one of the reasons that they charge annual fees for some of their cards and why their merchant fees are usually higher.

They are my favorite card company. I have cards from all of the major companies and pretty much only use my AMEXs (I have 4). I've used my Citi Mastercard a couple of times since I've been here and really hate how they treat overseas charges. First, they don't transfer at bank rate, they usually transfer at a lower rate (they make some money there) and then they charge you 3%. AMEX transfers at bank rate and then charges you 2%. So you get a more favorable rate with AMEX.

I suppose there are the rewards for card loyalty too. I moved from AMEX to VISA and fortunately have not had to ask for additional service. Reward points are better with my bank than most others.

Yea, I really do like the rewards programs since I like to travel. I have a lot benefits with these cards than I would over other credit cards.

I always pay off my credit every month religiously so it suits me to have a charge card like AMEX over credit cards like VISA. But being tight-fisted like I am I moved over because I objected to paying the annual fee. OK ... call me cheap.

lol.

No, I understand, those annual fees can rack up. I spend so much on my cards though that I get them back in either free nights at hotels/flights/gifrt certs or through their consumer protection programs. Plus I only pay for 1 annual fee out of the 4 cards I have (my dad pays the other 2 and the blue doesn't have one). So I get all of the benefits with minimal expense

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3