CSL voicemail not working

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CSL voicemail not working

I'm probably missing something obvious here, so I apologise in advance!

I have a CSL pre-pay SIM, and very basic Nokia brick type mobile. When people call me it doesn't go to voicemail - just rings out until there's a recorded message saying unavailable. When I call my voicemail myself from my mobile it tells me I have no new messages, and gives me various options, including selecting a pre-recorded or personal message. It doesn't give me an option to activate / de-activate voicemail.

Anyone got any ideas?

Menu / Settings / Call settings / Call Divert

gives you three options: Busy / Not answered / out of coverage or off

You can check or set the status for each one.

Thanks, PDLM. Just tried that but when I get to the save voicemail number part it attempts to save, then says "Request not completed". When I bought the phone the VM number was saved in contacts, so that's the number I'm trying to divert to. Aaarghhh!

My Nokia with a CSL(one2Free) postpaid sim gives me the option of "To voicemail number" or "To other number" when I do "activate". I select the former and it just seems to work. I don't manually enter any digits.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Have you tried the * 133 * method?

Yes it gives me those options. First time I clicked to voicemail number. Then it gave me a number entry box with a note at the top saying save voicemail number first. I picked out the voicemail number using search contacts function. Clicked save and it didn't work. Now when I try it doesn't give me the option to enter number, just appears to be trying to do something, then says request not completed. Same thing happens when I try to cancel. When I check status it tells me its not activated. Tried turning phone off then on again, still the same.

I need a new phone!

Claire

No, what's the 133 method?

When I had my old, old phone I remember having to input * 133 (or another number) * then a another number, I guess the voicemail number (?). Sorry it was a long time ago and the information was on a small card. Have you tried calling CSL (a fairly pointless effort I know)? Or going into one of its centres? Or checking the CSL (1010 or one2free) website?

I've tried, but can't seem to get through the options to actually speak to someone!

Very annoying as I'm paying for the voicemail service!

I have checked my call divert (Nokia golden oldie) and for both "Busy" and "Not answered", the number is +85219xxxxxxxx (the xxxxxxxx is my number).

I also think you have to call 988 to set up the voicemail message options to start with.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast