Iphone case cracking?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Iphone case cracking?

I've had my white 32GB iphone 3gs for about three months. I noticed this week that in both my phone and my son's, there are tiny cracks in the case, extending from one of the jacks to the edge - just a millimeter or so. Has anyone else found this? My son's screen has become touch-insensitive, so I'm taking it to the repair place in Kowloon tomorrow. I'm concerned they're going to look at the crack and claim he must have dropped it, which he hasn't - it's always been in a rubbery protector case anyway - and I've read online that last year a lot of people complained about cracks in iphone cases - particularly white ones. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks.

Cracking is a known issue. There are lots of postings on this topic on the internet. Many people have their iPhone exchanged several times free of charge.

Thanks. I was thinking of asking for outright replacements.

I also have this problem with my white iPhone 3GS. Wondering if people in HK have had their phones replaced under warranty. I can see many overseas do, but wondering what is the experience with the mong kok service center.
    Posted via Mobile Device

I had my Iphone 3G replaced because of a hair line crack near one of the jacks. It was a bit of an issue though as they claimed it still functions and I am therefore not entitled to get a replacement...
    After a written complaint to the Apple customer service center I got a replacement and a Hk$1200.- voucher for the Apple online store.
    Stay firm and good luck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by elle; 05-11-2009 at 06:27 AM.

This is exactly what I need to know. Thanks. I'll post after I go to the Mongkok Service Centre tonight.

My phone is out of warranty.. And there is a crack what shall I do
    Posted via Mobile Device

Ricky, if you want I can ask how much it would cost to replace the back part of the case tonight.

I'm worried if they replace it that:

1) it will crack again
    2) They might replace it with a version with the new bootrom that doesn't allow jailbreaking...

does anyone know where i can get the back case of my iPhone replaced?

My iPhone is from Australia and I have to send it back there to get fixed, but it is out of contract anyway so it will cost me, so I figured I'd get it fixed here.

Cheers

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast