Very subtle spam....

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Subtle spam: Lobster Thermidor a Crevette with a mornay sauce served in a Provencale manner with shallots and aubergines garnished with truffle pate, brandy and with a fried egg on top and spam.

Not subtle spam: Egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam; spam spam spam egg and spam; spam spam spam spam spam spam baked beans spam spam spam...

[It's Friday.]

LMAO. Funny woman, you!

Quote Originally Posted by Load Toad:
    If you mean 'The consumer goes with the small companies that offer better service' then great and I hope that the trend continues and grows. Most consumers though go with the flash advert and the price.
    That trend is on the decline. Flash adverts and price and brands rule.

So why blame the Big companies ? it is the consumer who decides greatly assisted by common wisdom, often found in forums.

We probably should start own thread for this.
    Last edited by hk.com; 06-11-2009 at 01:38 PM.

I blame big companies because they begin the process which consumers then almost unknowingly buy into. I've alluded to it a little in the thread about plastic bags where in the past people carried their own bags anyway and markets used paper bags only - supermarkets started using plastic bags for 'convenience' (theirs) and quickly consumers take free plastic bags for granted.

Big Companies tend to use empty random word slogans that give the impression they are an individual that cares about YOU. They don't - they care only about profit and anything they do is simply calculated to maximise profit and nothing more. That's why I blame big companies. I wrote a nice long piece once about a man who sold potatoes to supermarkets that illustrated the harm a big corporation does - but I'm buggered if I'm typing it all out again after losing the damn piece when I had my lappy nicked last year. You can read Joel Bakan's 'The Corporation' though if you wish.

Last edited by Load Toad; 06-11-2009 at 01:40 PM.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by hk.com:
    it is the consumer who decides greatly assisted by common wisdom, often found in forums.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Now I am wondering if the "Westerner seeks female" thread is actually spam and we will in the future be going to get a review: "oh he was wonderful, the earth moved for me...."
    I was wondering about that myself. Maybe Shri found evidences that some posters are professionally promoting the jaunts in Wan Chai...

...I won't have a bad word said about Noi who offers her personal health care services at...

Quote Originally Posted by Load Toad:
    I blame big companies because they begin the process which consumers then almost unknowingly buy into. I've alluded to it a little in the thread about plastic bags where in the past people carried their own bags anyway and markets used paper bags only - supermarkets started using plastic bags for 'convenience' (theirs) and quickly consumers take free plastic bags for granted.

Big Companies tend to use empty random word slogans that give the impression they are an individual that cares about YOU. They don't - they care only about profit and anything they do is simply calculated to maximise profit and nothing more. That's why I blame big companies. I wrote a nice long piece once about a man who sold potatoes to supermarkets that illustrated the harm a big corporation does - but I'm buggered if I'm typing it all out again after losing the damn piece when I had my lappy nicked last year. You can read Joel Bakan's 'The Corporation' though if you wish.
    You my dear friend are a utopian fool, just like me.

You should try selling stuff to end users whether products or services. You would have a different view.

The power is the buyers hand. It is a companies job to provide something that they want to buy, many companies products fail, because they didn't match the mind set. Most of the stuff we bring out doesn't.

Even The big companies may do ugly things like use cash in one market to enter and destroying others, still none of its customers will yet again give a crap.. They will just by the product that is covered in blood as long as it has a flashy presentation and the price is good.

Even of those good little companies that give a good service today, once they prosper all they want to be is killer juggernauts that crush and destroy in their path.

Reaching segments of consumers is so tough that ad agencies have no choice but to come here and spam stuff.
    Last edited by hk.com; 06-11-2009 at 02:09 PM.

I don't disagree with you about the bad habits of consumers but I'm not letting Big Companies off the hook just because the 'victim' doesn't always take full precautions.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Now I am wondering if the "Westerner seeks female" thread is actually spam and we will in the future be going to get a review: "oh he was wonderful, the earth moved for me...."
    Just what is it with the suddent spate of saddos trying to find girlfriends via Geoexpat? I've noticed three this week.

Full moon this week, aaaiiiioooooooooooooo